Folder.jpg not automatically picked up when using mySQL database
Hi,

My home setup contains a permanent media PC server connected to the main home cinema system, 2 ATV2 units in other rooms and 3 other PC's in the house.

I wanted to have all these devices to use the same XBMC database, so I recently changed the setup of the main media PC to use mySQL instead of SQLite. I had a few minor hiccups in getting this setup properly (mainly having to recreate the database to use SMB URLs and not local pathnames i.e. smb://mediapc/movies instead of C:\Media\Movies), but in general it was easy and works really well Big Grin

I have now set up the ATV2 units and PC's to all use the mySQL database on the media PC and so they are all in sync with the media content available on the server.

Everything works really well except for one minor niggle:

None of the additional devices show the correct poster art until either I do an info on the movie or play the movie.
Initially the other devices will show auto generated thumbnails of the movie or TV Show. Why is this?
Each of the folders that have movies or TV shows have a "folder.jpg" file of the poster art/thumbnail. On the main media PC (where I update the library from) these are always cached correctly, but on all the other devices they are ignored initially (auto generated thumb is shown instead) and then they are updated when I actually access anything specific to the movie or TV show e.g. Info or play.

Is there anything I can do to get the additional devices to recognise the folder.jpg file rather than create an auto generated thumb?
Thumbnails aren't kept in the MySQL database. For those to be in sync you have to create a symbolic link on each client so that they all point to the same location. The commands to do this (along with the folder locations) are all listed in the Lifehacker thread in the How To forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder.jpg not automatically picked up when using mySQL database0