[Linux-ATV]
Hi all.

After the disappointing performances on 720p and 1080p videos on the ATV with CrystalHD I have decided to try the minimal Ubuntu by Pin87a on a USB stick.

Everything went fine and XBMC starts from the USB stick in Ubuntu without problems. Also the CrystalHD is properly recognised and shown in the system menu.

I have two problems.

The first problem is that, considering my poor knowledge on Unix, I do not know how to access in XBMC the media file present in my ATV internal HD.

The second problem is that for using the USB stick I had to unplug the USB 1TB HD that was connected to the ATV. I have tried with an USB splitter but does not work (does not see the UBS stick and the ATV boots in OSX).

Any advice ?
Apologise for the missing title. I please the mod to update.

Thanks
thiago Wrote:The second problem is that for using the USB stick I had to unplug the USB 1TB HD that was connected to the ATV. I have tried with an USB splitter but does not work (does not see the UBS stick and the ATV boots in OSX).

This I know - most reliable solution for multiple USB devices is to use a "powered" USB hub: a USB hub which has it's own power supply. I hope it will work first time. If it doesn't, you'll need to do some troubleshooting (hint: your big USB drive might be sdb and your USB key sdc).

Let us know how you get on.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux-ATV]0