[LIVE] Backing up an external HD
I have XBMC running Live on my Acer Revo. I use an external 2 TB hard drive directly connected to the Revo. I am scared of that HD failing and me losing all my media, so I bought another 2 TB hard drive with the purpose of backing up the first one. I don't have any other computer that could support the HDs.

What is the best way to back up my files? Would a direct copy be best? is there a way to keep it automatically updating itself?
direct copy would work. You could set up a cron job to run on a regular basis (assuming you leave it on all the time) or a script to run on bootup/logon and then run cp with required arguments for only new/modified files.

Uuaww Wrote:I have XBMC running Live on my Acer Revo. I use an external 2 TB hard drive directly connected to the Revo. I am scared of that HD failing and me losing all my media, so I bought another 2 TB hard drive with the purpose of backing up the first one. I don't have any other computer that could support the HDs.

What is the best way to back up my files? Would a direct copy be best? is there a way to keep it automatically updating itself?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Backing up an external HD0