Deprecated IMDb Trailers (Video) Add-on
ok running XBMC 12 RC3 / imdb trailers 2.0.5 and I still get the error. not as often as before though. some trailers play fine, some don't play at all, and some open show the 'failed to load' error message and play under the error popup up fine (as before)

log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31038
Hi,

Thanks for the cool addons! Cool
I'm having troubles getting the imdb trailer addon to work lately. Is it known to work under final Frodo? I keep getting errors when clicking on any of the three lists of trailers.

Code:
23:29:40 T:4456  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:29:41 T:4456   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
                                            Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\thomas\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.imdb.trailers\addon.py", line 338, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\thomas\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.imdb.trailers\addon.py", line 68, in __init__
                                                self.list_contents()
                                              File "C:\Users\thomas\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.imdb.trailers\addon.py", line 103, in list_contents
                                                content = simplejson.loads(fetcher.fetch(contentUrl, CACHE_TIME))
                                              File "C:\Users\thomas\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.imdb.trailers\addon.py", line 327, in fetch
                                                data = urllib2.urlopen(url).read()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
                                                return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 397, in open
                                                response = meth(req, response)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 510, in http_response
                                                'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 435, in error
                                                return self._call_chain(*args)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 518, in http_error_default
                                                raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
                                            HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:29:41 T:5104   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=list&key=recent
23:29:41 T:5104   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.imdb.trailers/?action=list&key=recent) failed

Is IMDb blocking the requests by returning 403 Errors? Huh

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
Freakazoid
I will check as soon as possible.
Hi,

I have the exact same problem, I am using frodo too.
@queeup

I had a look at the code and submitted a pull request with fixes to your github repo.

Cheers
Videos playing fine, but I don't see any posters and/or fanart. Is it possible to add this?
If important, I'm using the reFocus BIG skin.
Code:
plugin.video.imdb.trailers: updated to v2.0.6
-fixes Useragent filtering
-add all genres as comma separated list
-thanks to thomaswr.

Quote: Videos playing fine, but I don't see any posters and/or fanart. Is it possible to add this?
If important, I'm using the reFocus BIG skin.
Posters working fine here. Fanart not sure Smile I am ultra busy. Sorry for long delays Sad
No, unfortunately no posters here.
But probably an issue in combination with the reFocus BIG skin, when it's still working for you.

But videos playing fine and that's the most important thing. So take your time... Smile

Edit:
The addon "The Trailers" seems to use a similar list view and the posters are working there.
So perhaps you can find there what would be a better way to display it.
forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119587
is anyone else having a problem when trying to add to couchpotato? (it just never shows up)..

also not sure if im missing something but the app on my phone requires the couchpotato api, am i supposed to put the api in this addon somewhere?

--EDIT

I Filled out the CouchPotato Section Correctly and then selected a movie to "Add to CouchPotato" but nothing worked..

after posting this message I setup CouchPotatoServer Section the same way and selected a Movie to "Add to CouchPotatoServer" and it worked like a charm, am i missing something or shouldnt the first one be the one working?

--EDIT AGAIN

Nevermind, im sorry lol it looks like CouchPotato V2 is CPS and I have V2... Now all i have to do is figure out how to automatically show everyone else in the house our CP wanted list without giving out the password.
(2013-03-08, 17:58)namtih Wrote: No, unfortunately no posters here.
But probably an issue in combination with the reFocus BIG skin, when it's still working for you.

But videos playing fine and that's the most important thing. So take your time... Smile

Edit:
The addon "The Trailers" seems to use a similar list view and the posters are working there.
So perhaps you can find there what would be a better way to display it.
forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119587

I will check again.
I have the issue also with another Video addon and sphere was so kind to have a closer look to it. According to him it's a skin issue.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1389268

So we will see, if it gets fixed :-)
Thanks for info. You save me from a lot of investigation Smile

I am going to remove Couchpotato V1 support. If anybody using it, it's time to move on V2 Smile
plugin.video.imdb.trailers: updated to v2.0.7
-removed couchpotato V1 support
+1 getting 403 errors from IMDB when using urllib2 to scrape. (Not a Trailers problem, but thought you'd like to know that you're not alone).

Like wikipedia and several others, you need to declare headers in order to interact with their sites with urllib. This code works:
Code:
#begin loop for the imdb url list
   for imdburl in imdburllist:
      listid=imdburl.split('/')[4]
      opener = urllib2.build_opener()
      opener.addheaders = [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0')]
      infile = opener.open(imdburl)
      imdbpage=infile.read()
      infile.close()
# searches the urllib results using re and regex, returns IMDBIDs
      imdblist = re.findall(r'<a href="/title/(tt[0-9]{7})/">.+?</a>', imdbpage)
      imdbuser = re.findall(r'<title>IMDb: (.+?)&#x27;s Watchlist</title>', imdbpage)
Thx for the solution. I will fix it next week. I am going business vocation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb Trailers (Video) Add-on0