parallel use of "Posters" and "Banners" for TV-Shows
Question 
hi there guyz,

is it somehow impossible to have posters AND banners for "switching" views in tv-shows? coz its quite ****** to reralod 300+ banners / posters manually - plus it takes ~ 3-5 hrs - i disliked this "work" - wont do it again! Oo

rgdz,
dc!
I agree. It would be cool if more skins supported both banner.jpg and folder.jpg.
I find this very annoying too. When I add a new TV Series the banner is downloaded automatically and squashed into the poster in "Media Info 2" view. I need to do a "Get Thumb" to download a poster instead of a banner.
shabba Wrote:I find this very annoying too. When I add a new TV Series the banner is downloaded automatically and squashed into the poster in "Media Info 2" view. I need to do a "Get Thumb" to download a poster instead of a banner.

What skin are you using? What program are you using to scrap the banner? I have the opposite problem...my posters (folder.jpgs) get fitted into a banner view. I am using Neon.
tboooe Wrote:What skin are you using? What program are you using to scrap the banner? I have the opposite problem...my posters (folder.jpgs) get fitted into a banner view. I am using Neon.

Confluence and TVDB.
actually its a threesome: poster, banner, clear-art-logo.

and fanart - whoever likes that...

but shurely posters do not work in banner views and vice versa - plus
clear-art-logos are nice but missing ones should show "text of show" and
no fancy "missing" logo...

so xbmc should have poster.jpg and banner.jpg and clearart.jpg ...
then everyone can switch from this to that skin and poster/banner view...
back and forth and vice versa.

rest ist like this like that *slick* perfect!!

rgdz,dc!
dizzy72b Wrote:actually its a threesome: poster, banner, clear-art-logo.

and fanart - whoever likes that...

but shurely posters do not work in banner views and vice versa - plus
clear-art-logos are nice but missing ones should show "text of show" and
no fancy "missing" logo...

so xbmc should have poster.jpg and banner.jpg and clearart.jpg ...
then everyone can switch from this to that skin and poster/banner view...
back and forth and vice versa.

rest ist like this like that *slick* perfect!!

rgdz,dc!
I thought XBMC did have poster.jpg, banner.jpg, fanart.jpg etc... I'm sure that's how my folders look anyways??
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
poster.jpg and banner.jpg are supported in some skins (im currently using Neon and it is working fine with poster.jpg, banner.jpg, landscape.jpg, clearart.png and logo.png)
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

The_Dogg Wrote:poster.jpg and banner.jpg are supported in some skins (im currently using Neon and it is working fine with poster.jpg, banner.jpg, landscape.jpg, clearart.png and logo.png)

Are you sure that Neon supports banner.jpg. This is my primary skin. I had this same dialogue with the skin developer and he said banner.jpg is not supported.
PLUS there is THEN: A BIG NEED OF THE OPTION (somwhere in skin-settings):

"get (reload) all posters, banners, clearart for tv-shows" !!

otherwise one is stuck with posters OR banners OR hours of manually reloading.

tnx,dc! Wink
This would be nice. I have my xbmc set to download posters instead of banners, yet it still downloads banners for my TV Shows, and I have to manually change them all. Super annoying! Being able to download one of each type would be very nice.
Happy that someone has already started this discussion as just recently having this issue too. I used to have all my folder.jpgs as banner as that is the view I preferred but now finding a lot of the skins favour Poster views so now I have to go through all my scraped info and change it from banner to poster's for it to work nicely again.

Using Ember though so it makes it pretty easy and noticed that even if I save the poster as folder.jpg it will still get the banner as banner.jpg so we should be able to have the best of both worlds as long as it is built into the core of xbmc/skins.

Because yeah, sometimes poster view is nice but sometimes banner view is nice too so would be nice to be able to just switch and not have distorted images being used if you have both types available.
a.
--------
Win/ATV2/RaspBMC | MySQL | XBMC
Using Confluence and Influence here and neither are recognizing the banner.jpg. When I select WIDE ICON view, it still uses the folder.jpg pics.
mbbransc Wrote:Using Confluence and Influence here and neither are recognizing the banner.jpg. When I select WIDE ICON view, it still uses the folder.jpg pics.

Yup, most skins dont support banner.jpg. You have to name all your banners folder.jpg which of course means you wont have posters anymore if you decide to switch back.
tboooe Wrote:Yup, most skins dont support banner.jpg. You have to name all your banners folder.jpg which of course means you wont have posters anymore if you decide to switch back.

Well, isn't that a kick in the head.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
parallel use of "Posters" and "Banners" for TV-Shows0