Returning Apple TV 2?
Hello,

First I'd like to thank all the dev. for creating a great media center software like XBMC.

My question is to anyone that has returned the ATV2. My Apple Receipt say return date Mar, 05, 2011. Does that mean I can just go to a Apple store and get a full refund? Even if I say I didn't like the product, or I can't home Share all my movies like .avi files..?

Thanks.

Reason for giving up on ATV2 and XBMC on it, a lot of my files buffer and are not the h264 format.
Well, i dont know where you live, but here in Germany you can return online ordered stuff in between 14-30 days and you will get a full refund if the price has been over 40 Euro (some shops dont have that 40eur rule), if it has been under 40 Euro then you have to pay the shipping costs by yourself. I dont know if you can return it to any Apple store and get a full refund, i guess they will sent it back to Apple, they will check it and you will get refunded afterwards.

Good luck!
Hi,

I live in Minneapolis, MN USA. I purchased it at one of the Apple retail stores here, will return it there also. They will open in about an hour from now and I will call and check what the refund policies are. I just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions of what not to say the reason for the return is.

Thanks again.
denismn Wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions of what not to say the reason for the return is.

Thanks again.

Well I wouldn't say it was because you didn't like XBMC or that jailbreaking didn't provide you the options you were hoping. I'd stick to concepts like it was more limited than you thought it would be, and the content is too expensive.
Image Don't even think about my mother!
You do not have to give any reasons. "I didnt like it" should be enough Smile
LOL, I wasn't going to talk about jailbreaking or anything like that. Good one Stiffler. Thanks for the info guys I will stick to the simple "Didn't like it, was limited."
If it's within the return period, you don't even need to provide a single reason, but talking about jailbreaking it could spell disaster for your return hopes Tongue
Even though it shouldn't make a difference I"d certainly recommend returning it to factory settings. Or being more patient and wait for the issues to be resolved.
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
Shoesy Wrote:Even though it shouldn't make a difference I"d certainly recommend returning it to factory settings. Or being more patient and wait for the issues to be resolved.

For anyone needing the info. I got a full refund on the spot, I just sad it was limited in features. I did factory reset before going. As for beeing patient, it's something that I couldn't afford to do (14 day refund). I have over 700 movies and 30% were buffering, I had no other device to use. Will most likely go back to a computer.

Thanks again.
If you can, try it. I'm curious if your problems are eliminated.
I have the the wdtv live and hate it everything about except one thing: it plays everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Returning Apple TV 2?0