Automatic Movie Trailer Add-on
So,, I love XBMC and try to spread the XBMC gospel as often as possible.

In particular, having an international family member, the newly added auto-detect subtitle download system is a godsend[i][/i]

I think there are few things cooler than an add-on that auto-detect the title of the movie you are watching and grabs the appropriate subtitles for you. What creative stuff.

Here's the situation: Everyone needs movie trailers from time to time. Furthermore, I'm sure a huge portion of the XBMC community is like me and downloads tons of movies that sound interestins. The problem is, when I actually sit down to watch a movie, there are so many choices and movie titles I don't recognize that I have to plop down with a laptop and start googling movie trailers.

Here's my suggestion/question: How cool would it be to have an in-movie button (like the smart subtitles button) that auto-detects your movie title and loads up the appropriate trailer for you to watch??! *The question portion is whether something like this exists already, and if so, please let me know!Wink

Thanks, and please consider this!Nerd
Great ideaSmile

Alternatively automatic download of the movie trailer when updating the library! Smile That would cut away the annoying cash drop outs when streaming the trailer...
+2 on this one. would be great so i wouldn't have to search for the trailers myself and i don't need the trailers for all movies.
@Jake9115

Trailers are available from movie info XBMC doesn't download them it streams them from "hd-trailers.net" assuming its available theres also an option to use IMDb trailers as a fall back option if its not on hd-trailers, trailer options are found in settings in the set content window

Alternatively you can download and have trailers locally
>>X<<' Wrote:@Jake9115

Trailers are available from movie info XBMC doesn't download them it streams them from "hd-trailers.net" assuming its available theres also an option to use IMDb trailers as a fall back option if its not on hd-trailers, trailer options are found in settings in the set content window

Alternatively you can download and have trailers locally

It was just that i ment. Downloading the trailers locally already exists. That I do know. But it would be nice to have lika a automated function, for example when updating library. Not having to manually go through movie to movie to movie just downloading trailers...
Uh, if you are going manually movie by movie then something is broken for you.

You should just be able to click on a movie, and if there was a trailer available when the movie was imported, hit the trailer button and enjoy.
I've only used Confluence with Dharma so far but I'm pretty sure all you have to do is highlight the movie thumb you want to watch a trailer for, then press C or right-click on mouse to bring up context window. Then select "movie information" (OR just press I with movie thumb highlighted) Window should slide out that has plot, cast, etc. . . and trailers. If there is not a "trailer" option then the scrape did not find a trailer for the movie. I have only seen this occur with two or three out of 100 movies.

Additionally, make sure you are naming folders right for scraping. Or, enable file renaming. That is what I do. I just rename the files in XBMC then the movie information will get updated and rescraped.

Its also a good idea to add IMDB as a scraper and then enable the ability to "fall back" to IMDB trailers.
I agree it would be nice to have an automatic download option for trailers but it's not too difficult to download them manually. I use the Transparency! skin and name my trailers "film_name-trailer" where film_name is the exact same name as your film and I stick it in the same directory. Works great and this skin has a handy little trailer button which you can click on without going into the film details.

So as an example if I had a film called "Star Wars IV - A New Hope (1977)" my directory structure would be <FILMS> - <Star Wars IV> and in there I would have "Star Wars IV - A New Hope (1977).avi" (the actual film file) and "Star Wars IV - A New Hope (1977)-trailer.flv" (the trailer).
whufclee if your movies are in their own folder you can just name them all "movie-trailer.ext" no need to use the file name
So does the hd-trailers streaming work ok for you guys? I've always had problems with them constantly buffering even with 50meg internet.

I use the download trailers option in Couchpotato, that goes through your movie folder and grabs any trailers available from apple etc, works well but it would be great to have this built into xbmc somehow.
freedog Wrote:So does the hd-trailers streaming work ok for you guys? I've always had problems with them constantly buffering even with 50meg internet.

I use the download trailers option in Couchpotato, that goes through your movie folder and grabs any trailers available from apple etc, works well but it would be great to have this built into xbmc somehow.

Hi, I'm new to CouchPotato. How did you manage to set it up so it'll go through your movie library and search for trailers?
Thanks for the quick response giftie! Sorry about not being in debug - here is the degub log

http://pastebin.com/DsiGXCyJ

When you asy that streaming is not 100%, do you mean that I may get better results downloading the trailers to my local machine and then playing from a designated folder? This is what I was thinking of trying next as I believe it is the "Apple Movie Trailers" plugin that is failing. I am new to the XBMC community, could you recommend a tool to automate this if it will help (preferably something in an existing XBMC repository since I am limited by the Openelec build at the moment)?

Great product - and thanks again in advance!
Where can I put the trailers so I navigate in a film an I can to see it in local network?
How configure it?

Thanks in advance.
(2011-07-02, 16:41)badokun Wrote:
freedog Wrote:So does the hd-trailers streaming work ok for you guys? I've always had problems with them constantly buffering even with 50meg internet.

Hi, I'm new to CouchPotato. How did you manage to set it up so it'll go through your movie library and search for trailers?

I would like to know this too - and do you mean the couchpotato Kodi add-on?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic Movie Trailer Add-on0