movie posters look bad/low quality
In aeon65 my background fan art looks great most of the time but the movie posters often look terrible. How do I change the settings?
And if there is a way to change the settings, how do I apply them when I have already downloaded posters and fanart?
This depends on your scraper...what scraper are you using?

Some scrapers have the option to take the fanart from imdb...these are mostly
quite good quality...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I am using movie.db or whatever is default. I actually wondered why movie.db is default and not imdb. But I figured there was a reason for that so I didn't change it.

My fanart is usually okay but the movie posters are often bad.
you shouldn't scrape your movies with xbmc default scraper instead you should use ember...it's an awesome scraper and easy to use. If fetches only high res posters,banners,tv trailers,etc. if you check this option.
I didn't see ember as an option in xbmc. Do I need to find ember as a add on first?
henningdalgaard Wrote:I didn't see ember as an option in xbmc. Do I need to find ember as a add on first?

No need to use ember. Use IMDB scraper addon and check Enable posters from IMPAwards and Enable posters from MoviePosterDB.
henningdalgaard Wrote:I didn't see ember as an option in xbmc. Do I need to find ember as a add on first?

http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager
TomPiXX Wrote:http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager

+1

you can also use other 3rd party media manager...just take a look in the supplemental tools area...
ember, moviegen, xbne and so on...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Ember Media Manager and Media Companion are probably the top two media managers out there. You don't really "need" either, but you have complete control of how your media library looks. For example the different fan arts, posters, etc. If you're a complete control freak and OCD about how everything looks like I am, use a media manager. I personally use Media Companion.
If you scrape posters from TMDb, IMPAwards or MoviePosterDB they will be the same quality whether you use external scraper or XBMC's scraper and both will be cached at a lower resolution anyway unless you change it even at the default size thumbs in your library should look ok

Are you talking about thumbs in your library or posters when you select "i" for movie information as movie information is the only time when having local artwork makes a difference as aeon pulls this image on the fly otherwise its just the cached version that's displayed so increasing cached size will improve things ?

A screen shot would be nice as sometimes people complain thumbs look terrible but its not actually a poster but a screen grab generated by XBMC for one reason or another
I'm using tmdb scraper with settings Hungarian language. The cover picture are really bad quality, but when I press refresh and select hungarian title, I got nice covers. Any idea how to change covers to good quality?
Ember is not a good choice, because it has no hungarian plot translated.

Correction: it was my fault. Before Shield I used a Mede8er media player. It generated files for its own jukebox and stored in the movie folder. The Kodi didnt overwrite them, only if I ask it by rescan one-by-one. So deleted all JPG files and rescan with Kodi. Now it's working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie posters look bad/low quality0