What the heck is "dharma"?
Ok sorry for this probably stupid question, but I've been playing around a bit with XBMC lately and whenever I try to use some of the available skins I read stuff like "not compatible to dharma".

What exactly is dharma? I just downloaded the regular XBMC version for Windows, so why should there be skins that are not working with that?

Thanks in advance,
.chicken
dharma is the latest stable release.
Ok thank you. So why are so many skins not working with the latest release?
Are you actually having a problem with a skin or are you just asking? The skin that comes with whatever version of XBMC you have downloaded (Confluence) will work as just about every skin in the skins forum. In fact I am not aware of any skin that does not have a Dharma compatible version.

Mark
Yeah for example I wanted to download the Alaska Skin, but it was not dharma compatible, so I downloaded a modded version..
I was just wondering, cause I thought dharma might be a modified version of XBMC or sth...

Thanks
Don't know about Alaska as I do not have XBMC in front of me at the moment, but if you go into the addons section of XBMC and select skins, you will see all of the skins that are guaranteed to work with Dharma. I am not sure, but I think that Alaska is one of them. There is really no need to download a skin from the forums unless you really want to try one of the mods.

Mark
In Dharma skins moved from skins folder into addons but as mwkurt said you no longer need to install skins manually you can have them download and install from addons within XBMC

If you want older skins to work in addons you need to create a addon.xml but those skins wont have an addon section settings
I tried to install Aeon which for some reason isn't listed in xbmc.
I downloaded the zip file and tried that way but it fails..
What did you try
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sjw1 Wrote:I tried to install Aeon which for some reason isn't listed in xbmc.
I downloaded the zip file and tried that way but it fails..

For Aeon MQ2 skin:

download the repo file here : http://www.marcosqui.com.br/downloads_english.html

once downloaded, unzip it and throw it into the xbmc add-on folder, go into xbmc and select the skin Nod

for additional cool add-on to the skin download this additional file and do the same thing : http://github.com/downloads/Wanilton/Vox...addons.zip
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
no reason to unzip yourself, use 'install from zip'. this has the additional benefit that it validates the zips somewhat as well, plus that it will install any dependencies, something you do not get manually unzipping shit.
spiff Wrote:no reason to unzip yourself, use 'install from zip'. this has the additional benefit that it validates the zips somewhat as well, plus that it will install any dependencies, something you do not get manually unzipping shit.

good to know Smile
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
sho Wrote:What did you try
From here I selected the download link on the right. From that link I selected to download the zip file. This gave me a file called djh-aeon-363709f.zip (90ish MB). Is this the wrong version?
This is the file I ask xbmc to install from a zip file - and it says the install has failed I am unsure what the other smaller mq2 files are - xbmc.repo.aeonmq.2.zip (292Kb)
I have just seen the 2.7 zip file in that link - which is over 100MB. Is that different?
Why isnt Aeon listed as an xbmc.org add-on?
sjw1 Wrote:From here I selected the download link on the right. From that link I selected to download the zip file. This gave me a file called djh-aeon-363709f.zip (90ish MB). Is this the wrong version?
This is the file I ask xbmc to install from a zip file - and it says the install has failed I am unsure what the other smaller mq2 files are - xbmc.repo.aeonmq.2.zip (292Kb)
I have just seen the 2.7 zip file in that link - which is over 100MB. Is that different?
Why isnt Aeon listed as an xbmc.org add-on?

the repo file will give you a link to go get the file in xbmc, after you unzip the repo file into xbmc add-ons folder, go into xbmc, appearnace, skins and then click get more, you will see aeon mQ2 on the list, select it and click install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What the heck is "dharma"?0