Request: "Mark as watched" to nfo or xml
It would be nice if you could store a key "mark as watched" inside the folder of a movie (where the other stuff is stored when you export). It would be a nice implementation, as it would save alot of time for people who for any reason need to rescan their whole collection. That could happen when you need to reformat due to virus or a database error etc.
Personally I needed to rescan a few times this year and it takes serial hours to mark as read anything again as I got a large movie and series collection.

Thanks in advance and I hope you will consider this, as "mark as read" is already included in xbmc but there is no key for xbmc to read when you need to rescan the collection. Maybe the developers didn't think of this or missed it?
Code:
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
in advancedsettings.xml is what you're looking for.

then

Code:
<playcount>1</playcount>

in .nfo files marks items watched automatically when being imported. Or any value above 1.
Wink
Thanks a lot for your help, I figured it out by reading the section in

advancedsettings.xml

Inside advancedsettings.xml you need to write:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Then xbmc import "mark as watched" when its found inside the nfo as you told. Its great!
Wow, I did not know about this. I will try this when I get home today.

Gratitude!
this is nice.. but if you hace around 300 movies and you have seen 200 of them.. it alot of .NFO files to edit =)
PrimaryMaster Wrote:this is nice.. but if you hace around 300 movies and you have seen 200 of them.. it alot of .NFO files to edit =)

Not really, just go to Settings > Video > Library and click Export library. It'll create all those .nfo files for you. And if you need to update any old ones, select 'Yes' when it asks you to overwrite any old files.

I personally do this about once a week just to keep everything in order. And always before making any major changes to the database.
Sranshaft Wrote:Not really, just go to Settings > Video > Library and click Export library. It'll create all those .nfo files for you. And if you need to update any old ones, select 'Yes' when it asks you to overwrite any old files.

I personally do this about once a week just to keep everything in order. And always before making any major changes to the database.

That's cool and all, but is there any way to get XBMC to update the .nfo as needed, ie. as soon as the 'watched' status is changed, to have the .nfo updated? I have about 17 000 media files, so exporting this takes about 5 hours... :S Not a quick/easy job....
It would be easier to schedule a back up of your "database" and "thumbnails" folder using a script so it only adds new new thumbs in windows you could use xcopy

You don't really even need to do that you can just schedule a regular backup of your "MyVideos34.db" then if you ever have to rescan your whole library all you have to do is swap the backed up "MyVideos34.db" with the new one after the scan then your get back your watched status

The first option gives you your library back straight away but takes up more room the second takes up less room but requires a rescan
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Hi all!

As this is my first post here I'm using XBMC only for some weeks now.
And this was one feature I was missing and was searching for some days now Smile

If I get it right the play count is used to determine the watched status.
Therefore I'd like to know if it's possible to add a per database play count or watched status?

The reason I'd like to have this feature is because of a multi user setup with a separate MySQL databases for each user.
And I'd like to move our favorite content to a NAS while having the new movies and shows on a server running 24/7. But this leads me to another problem because I need to be sure that the .nfo file is updated before moving the media...

Cheers
(2011-08-08, 11:45)tinusb Wrote:
Sranshaft Wrote:Not really, just go to Settings > Video > Library and click Export library. It'll create all those .nfo files for you. And if you need to update any old ones, select 'Yes' when it asks you to overwrite any old files.

That's cool and all, but is there any way to get XBMC to update the .nfo as needed, ie. as soon as the 'watched' status is changed, to have the .nfo updated? I have about 17 000 media files, so exporting this takes about 5 hours... :S Not a quick/easy job....

Hi,
I maintain my movies in Mediacompanion (including the watched status) and then import them in XBMC.
I found out about this
Code:
in the advancedsettings.xml just this week and it works perfectly fine.
However, when I have watched a movie and it played for 90% (because the option
Code:
<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
is also set in the advancedsettings.xml) the status is set to watched, but this is not updated in the nfo file itself. Also when I manually set a movie to status watched in XBMC, it is not updated in the nfo file.
I had to reimport my movies and the movies that I set to watched in XBMC had again lost its watched status, so I had to set them again.
Wouldn't it make sense that when you set the
Code:
in the advancedsettings.xml, the nfo file should also get updated with playcount of 1 or more (or have an additional setting in the xml file which allows for updating watched status in nfo file)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: "Mark as watched" to nfo or xml0