• 3(current)
[RELEASE] AEON Showmix- Support/Bugs/Feature Request
I have it running on an acer revo r3610 (which is an ION machine). Works without problem. Are you sure you turned hardware acceleration on?
AJ1000 Wrote:I have it running on an acer revo r3610 (which is an ION machine). Works without problem. Are you sure you turned hardware acceleration on?

I'm talking about navigating through the library and menus, it is slow in response on OpenELEC.

Are you using windows or Linux?
I am using an XBMC Live 10.0 disk (based on ubuntu I beleive). Everything is smooth for me, once I had turned on VDPAU.
ZombieRobot Wrote:i think this will cripple atv2 but i could take a look i have one i use for testing

Please let us know. i would love to use this over Nox.
Also keep up the great work.
I just tried it again on the OpenELEC, and it works fine on Acer Revo. It's really a great skin.

Is it possible to show subtitle plugin on the OSD? I could not find it in the skin settings as in other skins.
thanks.
Zombie... I have Showmix Evolution installed. I went to Program Add-Ons... Install From Zip and clicked on your new version of Showmix and it never looked like it installed. I also just extracted and placed the skin.showmix folder in my addons folder but also do not see it.

Do I need to get rid of Showmix Evolution first or something?
Let me 2nd NTMID8 finding.

Coming from AeonMQ2 I installed from zip. Installer asked if I want to switch. I said NO due to some clean up I wanted to do. After that I was not able to change to showmix again. shomix folder was installed in addons. Though, after that I disabled and uninstalled showmix.evolution. I also got rid of the (new) showmix folder.

2nd try: Install from zip again. Was asked to switch. This time I said YES ... nothing happend. Under enabled skins no showmix available. Same with settings->appearance. But, appearance says skin.showmix is active ... When I go back to main menu this is without menus and stuff.

Now, let'x kill xbmc. Done. xbmc does restart. I'm in Confluence. WTF? Appearance settings say: I'm in skin.showmix.

That's really strange.

Just some system info:

asrock 330
ubuntu karmic
xbmc 10.0
Three skin settings in guisettings.xml. showmix.evolution, aoen65 and aeonmq2.

I'll test later again.

later_1: First I cleaned-up guisettings from all showmix* suff. Reinstalled showmix from zip. NO luck. Than I started from scratch without guisettings. Installed from zip. Install was ok. Said YES to switch. But nothing happened. Still in Confluence. xbmc log didn't help either.

So, I'd really like to test but now I'm stuck. Maybe there are some other setting files that I'm not aware of. These might have some old shomix, showmix 2.5, 2.51, evolution, dharma, whatever legacy settings that interferes with the new skin. Well, I don't know!
--
multiple Kodi clients + vdr backend + mysql db
Hey Zombie Robot,

Will you be working on a new view for TV Shows in Showmix?
Hunter-Killer Wrote:Hey Zombie Robot,

Will you be working on a new view for TV Shows in Showmix?

Hey yeah i'm a banner user so i will work on a banner view probably not for some time but it will happen got to get back working on Aeon lite for a bit
Very nice. The custom menus will be handy.

I'm fairly new to this all but how can I create playlists and then link them like you have in one screenshot?

I've been googling for the last hour and there's plenty on it but in this skin, I can't find how to do it and I'd love to set some up.

Thanking you
kim1406 Wrote:Is it possible to show subtitle plugin on the OSD? I could not find it in the skin settings as in other skins.
thanks.

+1

PS: I solved it myself with a temporary fix, the logfile says

Code:
ERROR: Python script "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py" does not exist

but the addon is now under
Code:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py

so I symlinked the folder with
Code:
ln -s /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/ /home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD

It works, but has to be fixed I think.
m1m1 Wrote:+1

PS: I solved it myself with a temporary fix, the logfile says

Code:
ERROR: Python script "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py" does not exist

but the addon is now under
Code:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py

so I symlinked the folder with
Code:
ln -s /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/ /home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD

It works, but has to be fixed I think.

Will take a look at this for next release open subs works for me and has always worked even with fresh installs
ZombieRobot Wrote:i think this will cripple atv2 but i could take a look i have one i use for testing

Please keep us posted with this, would love to run this on my ATV2.
Out of curiosity can xbmc play iso files. I have one of Devil and when I press enter it does nothing...any clue on the reason why??
I have never had any problems playing iso files, so it might be something wrong with that particular file you are trying to play...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AEON Showmix- Support/Bugs/Feature Request1