XBMC keeps adding TV-shows I do not own
Did anyone figure this out? I am experiencing the exact same thing. After looking at the log, I have determined that the Scanner is scanning the root C drive on the machine XBMC is on, but I have no idea why. All sources are other drives within the machine. Not one source is even from the C drive.
I get this issue if I add my sources in a specific way, and I do wish XBMC was smart enough to work with my 'incorrect' way:

My files are stored like this:

"Television --> Series"
"Television --> Mini-Series"
"Television --> Other"

Then under those are folders are

"Show name --> Show name - Season XX"

A little deep, but the structure is auto built by my automated tools, and it works well for browsing by other tools than XBMC. All shows and episodes have .nfo files auto generated before XBMC scrapes them.

IF "Television" is added as source, XBMC scrapes everything wrong although tvshow.nfo and associated nfo files exist.

IF I add the "Series" "Mini-Series" and "Other" directories, then all items are correctly scraped (with OR without nfo files)!

Obviously, from a user perspective it would be most intuitive to add the highest level folder....
I get the same problem with movies.

XBMC added like 50 movies to my library that don't exist.

and even when I delete all the sources I added they are still there and I can't remove them,
they keeping popping up
Is there a source XBMC adds maybe that the program reads as movies or something?

ANY help will do it's making me crazy!
Thanks
Well, if you run out of options, a quick and dirty solution is to manually delete problematic paths from the database.

On windows, download SQLiteStudio or any other sqlite editor, then click "Databases" and "add database".

Go to C:\Users\yourusername\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\database and open the "MyVideosXX.db" with XX being the highest number.
Unfold the "tables" then double click on the table called "path", then go to the "Data" tab.
Filter by strPath (just click on the column title) and remove all occurrences starting with "\Users". Those are the paths f***ing up your library.
Select the lines starting with "\Users", right click, then "delete selected rows" and click the orange icon with a "V" sign in it (Commit changes).

That's it!

Start XBMC, update your library and enjoy!
Or look at the paths and set content to none on these sources.

The real solution is not add system folders/files or non video files (in this case tv shows) as part of a source in first place so when XBMC scans doesn't mistakenly pick up totally unrelated and think its a show.

Done

uNi
In this particular instance, the path did not even exist. Instead of "C:\Users", it was "/Users".
I'm not sure where the problem came from, but I sure know there was no other way to fix it in my case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC keeps adding TV-shows I do not own0