Need Help with streaming video on APPLE TV
So i just got a apple TV that i jail broke and got XBMC on it. I have a external hard drive connected to my PC, i want my apple TV to be able to access the video files on my external hard drive. As of right now i have only been able to access my public documents on my apple TV. how can i access my external hard drive?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

P.S I am running Windows 7
"jailbreak" indicates you mean the new ATV, the black one, or ATV2.
So thats an iOS device and you are in the wrong forum.

ATV1 runs a variant of the MacOS natively, though lots of XBMC users run a stripped down Linux build with driver support for an available add-on graphics accelerator card. ATV2 runs iOs, totally different OS, related to what runs on iphones and ipads.

Basically all you need to do is turn on SMB file sharing on your computer for the folders with the videos and go to Video > Add Source in XBMC. Might want to try to read the wiki first as a rule before posting questions.
Here is the how-to from this site that I used the first time that I set up shares in windows 7 hope it helps.

Code:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63123
Crazy this is Windows Networking 101.... You need to have a named workgroup and you need to note your routers ip address - usually something like 192.168.0.1.

In XBMC you need to enter this in the Settings networking, where the ip address is WINS setting...

You need to right click on the folder you want to share and pick properties, then go to Sharing tab and share this with read-write priviledges with everyone...

That should get you going.

Edit: Link above is really detailed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help with streaming video on APPLE TV0