[Windows] UDPLauncher
@HenryFord

I got it working now. When I downloaded the silent version from your second post (June 2011) it seemed to work. Thanks so much for such a handy utility.

Does it write a log file only when it crashes?
Mhm, it _should_...
I should probably check that code again, though Wink

Let me know if anything isn't working, I'll look into it as soon as I can Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Hi HenryFord,

Would it be possible to reup the v2 versions, 'cause both download links are dead right now.
The v1 silent is working, but I have the same problem as jpjpjp. The udplauncher is closing itself after starting my xbmc.

Best regards,
Tobias
I'll do that tomorrow Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

That would be great!
Thank you very much =)
The v2-versions on datahost were actually the one posted above from my own server.
I'll have to look into the fact that it's closing after launching though, I'll look into it later today!

Mhm, it only should close when receiving an error. What does the logfile say?
Can you try with the non-silent version? I fixed it up and it should be working as well. Redownload from my initial post (it's a zip-file now).

Hi HenryFord,

I retried all with the new version. I figured out some configuration errors on my side.
1) The default port for the XBMC isn't 8181, so the XBMCEvent couldn't connect.
2) After changing the port to 8080, the udplauncher receives an "(401) not authorised".
3) Now I disabled the whole XBMCEvent because I won't use it anyway.

Now the new udplauncher starts my xbmc without exiting itself afterwards.
But the silent version still exits after starting my xbmc, but the logfile is empty.

Any further idea?

Best regards,
Tobias
The "not authorised" reply pops up when you have not entered the parameters
Code:
XBMC_Username: The username required to access your XBMC (default: empty, if you do not require this, just leave it empty)
XBMC_Password: The password required to access your XBMC (default: empty, if you do not require this, just leave it empty)
correctly.

I'll rebuild the silent version and reupload it, maybe there is something wrong with that specific version on my server.
I'll edit this post, when I finished uploading.

Okay, ignore my last post - I'm in the process of building this application with a GUI, where you can also manage the settings. Should make it quite easier to use.
You'll also be able to send the application to tray. So you can have proper control over it! (i.e. starting the listener, stopping the listener, closing the application)

Isn't too much work, but since I'm on vacation, I don't have so much time - but expect it to be done until sunday! Smile

Hi,

No need to hurry ;D

Best regards,
Tobias
Check my first post! Smile

Hi HenryFord,

The GUI version works fine but there is just one small issue...

I'm starting the UDPLauner_GUI in minimized mode via Windows autostart.
So the GUI is starting and is also automatically hiding in the system tray.
But then I have to open it and click on "run" every start by myself.

Would it be possible to create an "autorun" option so that the listener part will autostart too?

Best regards,
Tobias
Done Smile
The new version contains an option to enable Autostart of the listener!

I made a new site for the launcher, there is also a quickstep guide for the program.
You are also now able to control the application from the context menu of the tray icon (starting/stopping/exiting).

Get the new version from here:
http://tbueter.com/?page_id=382

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] UDPLauncher0