Smb startup delay and play delay
i am using cvs 1-31 but have had the same issue in all prior builds. the issue is when first entering an smb share in xbmc there is a 7 second delay before the files are listed and the same thing happens after selecting any type of video file to play. i dont have delays with other pc's and xbox apps when entering smb and running files over smb. also if i use ccxserver instead of smb i do not get any delays. what could be the issue i know it may search for files and thumbs when first entering a directory but it shouldnt take so long and ccx is fine so it cant be my network has to be a xbmc issue.
well, i've noticed that there is a minor amount of lag when streaming from smb shares.

what are you streaming off?
what size/quality/type is the file you are streaming?
how are you connected to this smb share?
what are your cache settings set to?
<span style=\'color:blue\'>the midnight toker</span>
<=========>
i've done it myself, read the manual and now its time to stick my 2pennath in.
1.6 box & x3ce soldered (3029bios). 120gb maxtor.
xbmc 01-05-2005.
stream from windows xp pro sp2. with a backup operater account even tried guest account with same results.

standard size divx, xvid, mpeg2, even double cd divx and xvid but all medium to high quality mostly scene releases on avi's and dvb recording of mpeg2. but it doesnt seem to matter what file type is used its a delay always.

i connect to the shares from my videos with an xml like smb://user:[email protected]/share name

cache setting are the standard i have raised and lowered it tried various amoumts will similar results, cache is not the issue(i think).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smb startup delay and play delay0