• 8(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
shaktoo Wrote:ijourneaux, everything seems to have become normal again with trailers with no ratings being downloaded as R as per my settings, just waiting for a PG-13 trailer to see whether it comes off as PG-13 or PG_13.

Thanks for the update.
just to let you know trailers with a native PG-13 rating are still coming up as PG_13.
shaktoo Wrote:just to let you know trailers with a native PG-13 rating are still coming up as PG_13.

Hmmm Thought I had fixed that. Will look at it tonight. Do you have a trailer as an example?

[Edit] No need for examples. I found the issue. The rating string stored by IMDB is PG_13 instead of PG-13. The same problem occurs with NC-17.

Easy fix. should be able to upload a new version tonight.
Just uploaded a new version.

This is a minor update. When the trailer has an MPAA rating on imdb (not many do), if the MPAA rating was PG-13 or NC-17, the entry from IMDB came back as PG13 or NC17. If you had the XBMC Cinema Experience script configured to filter trailers based on MPAA rating, the trailers tagged as PG_13 would not display. Version 1.82 will correctly save the MPAA rating at PG-13 or NC-17.

I also changed the application to stable as there haven't been any significant changes in a while and very few bug fixes.
cool ! working perfectly now , Thanks ijouneaux
Feature suggestion:

When the app runs, read all the .nfo files in the "trailer folder" and update the MPAA rating in each nfo if it's changed. This will fix all the ratings that were wrong due to bugs and will update them if new info is available about the rating online as it gets closer to the release date.
I hadn't thought of that since I only keep about 30 days of trailers around for Cinema Experience.

I will look at it shortly.
Hi ijourneaux . Is it possible to add a few more specific feeds for e.g kids movie trailers as in from kids.yahoo --and or AOL kids or whatever And Bollywood Movie Trailers e.g from here..---> http://eraag.wordpress.com/. I tried adding rss feed URL's to the config but was not successful. maybe if you could just walk me through it .Thanks.
Not sure if I did something incorrectly, but once I ran the setup, I try launching the exe, and it crashes immediately due to not having a config file. I looked over the install directory and it doesn't exist.

Do I need to manually create a config file?
Config file is in your C:\Users\~\AppData\Local when using Windows , I am not sure about Ubuntu... it is usually a config issue when this happens
shaktoo Wrote:Config file is in your C:\Users\~\AppData\Local when using Windows , I am not sure about Ubuntu... it is usually a config issue when this happens

Perfect. I was running it on my windows box. Found file, edited save paths, everything is peachy so far!
Glave Wrote:Perfect. I was running it on my windows box. Found file, edited save paths, everything is peachy so far!

On a side note:
ijourneaux you may want to change the install so the default paths mentioned in the config file are known to exist directories such as: %USERPROFILE%\My Videos

or make a failsafe so if the directories in the config do not exist, it defaults to something else.

Thanks for your work!
Glave Wrote:On a side note:
ijourneaux you may want to change the install so the default paths mentioned in the config file are known to exist directories such as: %USERPROFILE%\My Videos

or make a failsafe so if the directories in the config do not exist, it defaults to something else.

Thanks for your work!

Good Point. Ideally if I can figure out how to get my setup program to do it, I would like to have the configure file be opened for editing at the end of the setup. I will come up with something as the fact that it is almost guaranteed not to work if you don't edit the config file has always bugged me.
shaktoo Wrote:Hi ijourneaux . Is it possible to add a few more specific feeds for e.g kids movie trailers as in from kids.yahoo --and or AOL kids or whatever And Bollywood Movie Trailers e.g from here..---> http://eraag.wordpress.com/. I tried adding rss feed URL's to the config but was not successful. maybe if you could just walk me through it .Thanks.

Unfortunately this is not as easy as it seems. HD-Trailers.net Downloader is written to take full advantage of the RSS Feed from HD-Trailer.net . It depends on the link to the actual trailer to be part of the RSS feed. I have been looking at getting it to work with the TrailerFreaks rss feed. It should work but I need to adjust the regex to locate the download links (regex is not one of my strengths <grin>)
On my agenda are
1. Before downloading new trailers, scan existing trailers and attempt to update the nfo file if the MPAA rating is blank.
2. Point the download folder to an appropriate folder if the specified folder doesn't exist.
3. Figure out how to configure the setup file so that the config file is opened up in an editor when the setup terminates. Add a warning that the config file must be edited before running.
4. Investigate the possibility of using the TrailerFreaks rss feed (this is a low priority as HD-Trailers.net Downloader truly accomplishes what it was supposed to do.

Take care all.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3