[AppleTV2] Screen Flashing, then XBMC Quits
I have nito 0.6.4 and ATV 4.1.1 on my ATV2. I have the same problem: my ATV2 crashes regularely and suddenly. Often it works 2 hours without problem, then it crashes every 4 Minutes.

Unfortunately I cannot log in anymore into the ATV2. I work with filezila and I did access my ATV2 without problems. But now it don't work. Connection refused by Server. I choose IP of ATV2 / root / alpine / port 21.

Did anything change? Can anyone help me with this?

Also I do not quite understand why exactely the crash problem occurs? Is it the problem that Apple connects to the ATV2? or what?

Also ROMSTER writes: "...Updatebegone is now part of NitoTV, so just install that package from the menu..."

How is this meant? On which NitoTV version this "updatebegone" is part of it? and how is the install procedure of it?
wildstallyn808 Wrote:I also installed the nitotv disableupdate.
Thanks all!!!

Where did You find an install of "disableupdate" ??

disable/enable update in NitoTV is part of the function of NitoTV and not an install procedure... isn't it!?
apit Wrote:I have nito 0.6.4 and ATV 4.1.1 on my ATV2. I have the same problem: my ATV2 crashes regularely and suddenly. Often it works 2 hours without problem, then it crashes every 4 Minutes.

Unfortunately I cannot log in anymore into the ATV2. I work with filezila and I did access my ATV2 without problems. But now it don't work. Connection refused by Server. I choose IP of ATV2 / root / alpine / port 21.

Did anything change? Can anyone help me with this?

Also I do not quite understand why exactely the crash problem occurs? Is it the problem that Apple connects to the ATV2? or what?

Also ROMSTER writes: "...Updatebegone is now part of NitoTV, so just install that package from the menu..."

How is this meant? On which NitoTV version this "updatebegone" is part of it? and how is the install procedure of it?

You've kind of hijacked the thread here but i'll answer what i can.

1) Nothing has changed unless you accepted the update to go to 4.3 in which case you'll have lost your jailbreak and thus your ssh access.

2)The crash occurs becase the atv2 is talking to apple, finding there is an update and attempting to prompt you to install. This causes XBMC to crash.

3)If you update NitoTV, then go to Install Software, then there is a package called "Updatebegone".. you click it.
apit Wrote:Where did You find an install of "disableupdate" ??

disable/enable update in NitoTV is part of the function of NitoTV and not an install procedure... isn't it!?

He means "UpdateBeGone" its available in the Install Software section of the latest NitoTV
danmedhurst Wrote:...Nothing has changed unless you accepted the update to go to 4.3 in which case you'll have lost your jailbreak and thus your ssh access.....

thank You for Your answers. Of course I dit not update ATV2! I have 4.1.1 !

The login problem is caused by Changing from one computer to another. Before, I logged into ATV2 with my macbook... (which still does work!)
But now I try to login with my iMac, and that's why I am locked out.

In the iMac Console it says: RSA host key for myIP has changed and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed.

But what can I do, if I would like to login with my iMac? Where can I correct the Host key in order to have access to the ATV2 from my iMac too?
apit Wrote:thank You for Your answers. Of course I dit not update ATV2! I have 4.1.1 !

The login problem is caused by Changing from one computer to another. Before, I logged into ATV2 with my macbook... (which still does work!)
But now I try to login with my iMac, and that's why I am locked out.

In the iMac Console it says: RSA host key for myIP has changed and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed.

But what can I do, if I would like to login with my iMac? Where can I correct the Host key in order to have access to the ATV2 from my iMac too?

If i remember rightly, when first making the connection to the atv2 via ssh, it comes up with a warming about the rsa key and having to accept it.

I'm guessing your iMAC sees the ATV but cannot identify it as the one it remembers. You will probrably need to remove the entry in the ssh known hosts file on your iMac so that it can re-learn it..

Try this

Open this file
/Users/username/.ssh/known_hosts
Look for the line that starts with the IP of your ATV2 and delete it
Save the file and close
then try again.
apit Wrote:Where did You find an install of "disableupdate" ??

yes, I installed the disable autoupdate from nito...tested and it crashed. then I did the ssh fix by editing the host file and then it worked without a problem. I did it on my dad's ATV2 also and it worked perfectly.
Hey all. I'm having the same problem as most people with the crashing of XBMC on my Apple TV 2. Sometimes I could watch a 3 hour movie and have no problems and other times it'll crash every 5 minutes. I tried to install 'updateBeGone' but I get this error message when it's attempting to install:

"E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -'a' to correct this problem."

I get the same message when I try to update the 'openssh' as well. I'm still very new to the Apple TV so any help here would be greatly appreciated. I love using this little device but having to restart XBMC 5 or 6 times just for one movie is getting ridiculous!

- Adam

Edit: I somehow managed to get Nito TV to update and it allowed me to install 'updateBeGone'. I watched a 2 hour movie and let XBMC run after the movie and I've had no issues. So it looks like it's been fixed on my end for the time being.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Screen Flashing, then XBMC Quits1