Some directories under Windows share not seen
Hi,

I've had good luck installing XBMC Live 10.0 (now 10.1) to a couple old PCs (hard drive install) now dedicated to XBMC. However, while almost everything works fine, I have a funny issue that I can't resolve.

I am able to successfully add an smb source directory (Windows 7 share on another PC) to the Video list and can connect with no issues. This directory contains multiple movie folders (one per movie). When I click into this source in the Video library I can see only some of the movie directories. For example, none of the directories starting with "H" show up.

Trying to debug this I mounted this share from the command line and went to browse it. With an "ls" command the directories beginning with H are not listed (there are others missing too, not just those beginning with H). If I issue a "cd" command for a directory that should be there, e.g. cd "Heat (1995)" it works. An "ls" within this directory at this point shows me the files in that directory as expected.

My searches on this site have led me toward a couple suggested fixes (like turning on hidden files from an '08 post), but I can't seem to crack this one.

Any suggestions as to why some directories at the mount root are not showing up? :confused2:
Bump. Anyone see this Problem before?
Hidden dirs or wrong permissions?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Make sure the movie name matches the folder name exactly..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some directories under Windows share not seen0