• 5(current)
[WIP] Formula 1 Content
Ha! Love it!
Awesome, totally stealing those!

Hoobie7Laugh

P.S. Anybody know where to source some hi res images for editing?
@JuanFlaco: Where did you get the map image and race track images?
hoobie7 Wrote:Ha! Love it!
Awesome, totally stealing those!

Hoobie7Laugh

P.S. Anybody know where to source some hi res images for editing?
@JuanFlaco: Where did you get the map image and race track images?

I just google image searched and filtered the results by "large" size. I had to do some cut-and-paste on the map so no edges will be cut off when I scroll it around to find each location. It's kinda freaky looking with two of everything, but you're welcome to it if you need it for any reason...

Map
I just ran across a great series of posters for each race here: http://cargocollective.com/PJTierney#115...ter-Series
Shocked

What a great find; they look awesome. Thanks!

Is anyone using Aeon MQ2? I'm wondering if there's a way to display episodes in poster format, and still get landscape fanart to display in the info window so you can still see the track map thumbs up there. It currently defaults to the main show fanart...

Juan or Hoobie,

I've pulled down the 3 episode images that you posted but I cant get them to work for some odd reason. I have them named as:

S11E01 - Australia.tbn
S11E02 - Malaysia.tbn
S11E03 - China.tbn

All I get when I go the episode is a screenshot from the actual race not the image.

Any ideas on what I do to fix this? I'm using the Nigh skin btw.
purplehaze Wrote:Juan or Hoobie,

I've pulled down the 3 episode images that you posted but I cant get them to work for some odd reason. I have them named as:

S11E01 - Australia.tbn
S11E02 - Malaysia.tbn
S11E03 - China.tbn

All I get when I go the episode is a screenshot from the actual race not the image.

Any ideas on what I do to fix this? I'm using the Nigh skin btw.

Hmmm. I'm no expert but I can take a stab at it. I would first check to be sure that the filenames match your video files exactly (except the .tbn extension of course.) For example, for Australia I have...

S2011E01.QANTAS AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX.hdtv.mkv
S2011E01.QANTAS AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX.hdtv.nfo
S2011E01.QANTAS AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX.hdtv.tbn

Once you confirm the filenames match I would remove the entire show from your library and then update the library to re-scan everything. This is what I do each time I test new episode images. If that doesn't work you might have some weird cache issue preventing the images from being updated.

Also, I put together new thumbs as I really like those posters Luma linked to but I also wanted to keep the track maps...

Anyone interested can download events 1 through 10 here, and I'll post the rest as I finish them up in the next couple days.
Hmm, I like both, therefore you must complete all pictures for both sets and I will steal them all!
Then I will switch back and forth till my hearts content.

Hoobie7Laugh
Well it looks like my issue is indeed a caching issue of some sort. I delete my database and created a new one the the tbn files showed up properly.

Too much of a PITA to go through and re-create my db so I may just play around with that editing tool and link the tbn files to the episodes manually. Crappy deal though.
So, I've decided I'm going to have the qualifying and race episodes both.
I was going to try to do some crazy 1.5, 2.5 episode madness but that didn't work.
So I simply went with one episode for each:

TV Shows
Formula1
[INDENT]Season 2011
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Formula 1 - S2011E01 - Australia Qualifying
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Formula 1 - S2011E02 - Australia Grand Prix
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Formula 1 - S2011E03 - Malaysia Qualifying
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Formula 1 - S2011E04 - Malaysia Grand Prix
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

I'm wondering with all of that plus an .nfo and .tbn for each, if it's gonna be too much in one folder.
Can I create an Australia folder and put the qual and race and bits in there?
Will XBMC look into the folders for each area?

I've also recently switched my internet to business class, no more cap!
Which means I have all the bandwidth I need to acquire my episodes in 720p and even 1080!
I've also found an excellent new source for quals and races in HD.
Though I doubt we are allowed to speak of such things; PM me if you're interested.

Oh, and I've also decided to use both sets of Juanflaco's thumbs. [i]<There's an odd sentence when taken on it's own.[/i]

The poster set is for the quals, and the map set is for the race, so I guess what I'm trying to say is:

Juanflaco, I must haz moar thumbz!! ..... at your earliest convenience

Thanks
Hoobie7
hoobie7 Wrote:So, I've decided I'm going to have the qualifying and race episodes both.
I was going to try to do some crazy 1.5, 2.5 episode madness but that didn't work.
So I simply went with one episode for each:

TV Shows
Formula1
[INDENT]Season 2011
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Formula 1 - S2011E01 - Australia Qualifying
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Formula 1 - S2011E02 - Australia Grand Prix
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Formula 1 - S2011E03 - Malaysia Qualifying
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Formula 1 - S2011E04 - Malaysia Grand Prix
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

I'm wondering with all of that plus an .nfo and .tbn for each, if it's gonna be too much in one folder.
Can I create an Australia folder and put the qual and race and bits in there?
Will XBMC look into the folders for each area?

I've also recently switched my internet to business class, no more cap!
Which means I have all the bandwidth I need to acquire my episodes in 720p and even 1080!
I've also found an excellent new source for quals and races in HD.
Though I doubt we are allowed to speak of such things; PM me if you're interested.

Oh, and I've also decided to use both sets of Juanflaco's thumbs. [i]<There's an odd sentence when taken on it's own.[/i]

The poster set is for the quals, and the map set is for the race, so I guess what I'm trying to say is:

Juanflaco, I must haz moar thumbz!! ..... at your earliest convenience

Thanks
Hoobie7
I'm not positive, but I don't think you can create event subfolders within a season to help keep the directories less cluttered. I tried doing this in an attempt to create episode-level fanart and not only did that not work, the episode itself wasn't even discovered. Now, it's possible I didn't have the source set up properly, perhaps there's a setting for recursive sub-folder search or something like that. In the long run though, I don't think it matters. I would be very surprised to learn of any performance impact to having all those files in the same (season) folder.

Regarding the thumbs, my laptop blew up last weekend and I lost all my source files. The thumbs were all in a single file and saved as layers so it was relatively easy to make new ones and have them look consistent. Unfortunately I've got to start all over and, long story short, I don't know if I'll be able to do both styles. Losing that disk caused me all sorts of other headaches as you can imagine.

Good news is, all the really important stuff was backed up to NAS so I can re-watch the end of the Chinese Grand Prix any time Smile
You could not create subfolders inside seasons but you can treat years as different tv shows for example F1 2010, F1 2011, and treat events as seasons (Australia, China, ...) and then inside put qualifications and race files.
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
Have you got good plot for China and Turkey?
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
mstef Wrote:Have you got good plot for China and Turkey?

China is here.

For Turkey I used the same VivaF1.com preview here.

Hoobie7
Thanks! Now I have all I shoud have.
Juanflaco Wrote:Shocked

What a great find; they look awesome. Thanks!

Is anyone using Aeon MQ2? I'm wondering if there's a way to display episodes in poster format, and still get landscape fanart to display in the info window so you can still see the track map thumbs up there. It currently defaults to the main show fanart...

Can you link the high res red bull img. Can't seem to find it.

thanks in advance.
-Mike
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Formula 1 Content2