[WINDOWS] XBMC will not open up fullscreen (or at all)
Hello!

Interesting little issue I have been having lately, and it has been really frustrating for me :/. I have a Windows 7 Box that I use for just about everything in my room, it is hooked up to 2 monitors and my TV. Using UltraMon I was able to easily have my XBMC open up on my television. This all changed when I added a receiver (ONKYO TRS508) to the mix, when I purchased a surround sound system.

The receiver has caused me a couple issues for my setup (such as turning off the TV causes my other two screens to bug out for a second which is ... interesting... to say the least. However the most annoying issue for me has been the XBMC..

For some reason with the receiver my XBMC will not open up full screen (or at all on the monitor, however if I put it in window mode I can drag it over). I have tried fresh installing XBMC in both the lite and full version and can not get over this hump. I'll try to provide as much info as I can on hardware.

COMPUTER:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
AMD Phenom X4 810
6GB RAM
Display Devices:
(For TV):
Asus ATI 4350 512MB DDR2
(For Monitors):
Asus ATI 4850 1GB

RECEIVER:
Onkyo TR-S508:
all connections through HDMI

TV:
LG 50 inch plasma can get model number if necessary but I don't think its very relevant.

Hopefully I can continue to use XBMC without having to get a dedicated Media PC (which I am considering doing, but am worrying about how to download music/movies on my main system and having them automatically transferred to the media center)

Thanks for any info Smile
Please explain how all the devices are set up. Did you originally have the computer running HDMI straight to the TV? Do you now run the computer HDMI through the receiver? Also, can XBMC not even open up on your normal computer monitors, or is it just the TV... etc. Please give more feedback.
finish.06 Wrote:Please explain how all the devices are set up. Did you originally have the computer running HDMI straight to the TV? Do you now run the computer HDMI through the receiver? Also, can XBMC not even open up on your normal computer monitors, or is it just the TV... etc. Please give more feedback.

Will do sorry for the brief-ness

Originally the computer was hooked up directly to the TV via HDMI, now it is hooked up via HDMI to the receiver which is plugged into the TV via HDMI. At the start XBMC just refused to open up on my Television, however now it rarely opens at all on any monitor (or does and then crashes)(I did reinstall it during this process, and more than likely I can fix this issue just by reinstalling it again, I think something borked inbetween XBMCs default settings, ultramons default settings and the receiver being a pain in the ass).

Just let me know if theres any other info you need Smile and thank you for your assistance
Nevermind, figured out somehow it was something bugged with my skin? Doesnt make much sense but with default skin it somehow works...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC will not open up fullscreen (or at all)0