[LIVE] Updating to stable PPAs
Can someone point me to a how-to? The stickied page is thoroughly unhelpful. As far as I know, I'm running 10.1, and I want to run 10.5 to try out the Aeon 65 skin.
Um. 10.1 was just released. 10.5 doesn't exist.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Well, then what does it mean to "have the latest svn Build (nightly build) of XBMC 10.5 Dharma" mentioned on this page?

And regardless, do you have any insight on updating live to non-release quality builds?
Use

Quote:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xbmc -y

That will install the latest (unstable) svn of xbmc. Be warned it can cause issues.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Thanks! So I gather there are "nightly" builds which can be pretty unstable. Are there more stable builds besides the one released to the public?
Nope, if you really want the latest build you can get without compiling yourself, use the unstable ppa mentioned above. You can all ways revert to stable if you have issues. Dont forget to backup your ~/.xbmc/userdata dir just in case.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
It means he's confusing people since 10.5 doesn't exist. Probably won't exist. And he needs to just say 'nightly builds'.

You can either add the svn ppa or download the .deb and install it.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:It means he's confusing people since 10.5 doesn't exist. Probably won't exist. And he needs to just say 'nightly builds'.

You can either add the svn ppa or download the .deb and install it.

The svn ppa is not yet stable enough for that apparently, and the stickied thread is a bit of a clusterfuck. Hopefully once they've sorted it we should get a new thread.
I believe 10.5 refers to one of the Dharma beta versions...fall of 2010 I believe. Old outdated info as has been mentioned.

Edit: summer of 2010. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76031
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Updating to stable PPAs0