Change resolution to 720p?
is there someway to make xbmc just not care what the msdash has set for resolution? i can't run the standard dash - i leterally do not have it anymore.

i'm using evox as my dash and pretty soon it will just be xbmc on this box. i really dont have anyway to set this option in the msdash, can't xmbc do this somehow? why do you have to set this in the msdash?
jmarshall Wrote:ok, let's go through it step by step. i plan on using this as a basis for the online manual, so please help by pointing out anything that you did that caused problems, and providing any extra info you can.

steps are:

3. boot into the ms dash (or an ms dash equivalent such as uix)
Would UnleashX be considered a MS dash equivalent?
I see the options, but a previous post mentioned I must enable writing to the eeprom and unlock the hdd. I have read the faq and online wiki, and it does not say anything about setting the HD settings in a MS dash 'equivalent'

I can't decide on buying a HD AV pack until this issue has been resolved. Thanks.
If the MS Dash equivalent alters the settings in the EEPROM, then that will do the trick. The key is the settings must be altered in the EEPROM.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:If the MS Dash equivalent alters the settings in the EEPROM, then that will do the trick. The key is the settings must be altered in the EEPROM.
Thank you for your support. I will further investigate wheather Unleashx can access the eeprom. (unless I run out of options Tongue)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change resolution to 720p?0