Linux Media Scraper
Is there a media scraper similar to Ember Media Manager or Media Companion runs natively on Ubuntu Linux. I've searched this forum, Google and every place else I can think of to find a solution. I've tried running Ember through WINE also to no avail. I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.
I too would like to know if any applications like this exist...
Short answer = not that I know of.

I use EMM-R through VirtualBox [WinXP]. Just point the VM at your media through a shared folder and it works like a dream.

AnyDVD + EMM are about the only things I still need windows for. ;-)
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
you can run Ember "nativ" on linux using mono. I tried it some while ago but had trouble with shared folders and symbolic links (maybe fixed already). And there is somewhere a young project written in Java (sorry, can't remember the name).
Hello.

I test Ember with mono and and it does not work well. Maybe there is a port of XMM3 or UMM (Universal Media Manager)

xMM2 - Movies and TVShow NFO managament software for Windows

Quote:Where is the OSX or Linux version?
XMM2 will not have a native version for OSX or Linux. I hope to port XMM3 to Linux and OSX once it is stable enough to do so.

UMM (Universal Media Manager)

I hope... Nod

Regards,

Obelix
I'm also looking for a media-scraper for XBMC, being natively for linux. It would be nice to have it download all the content, like fanart, posters, trailer, ... right into the local folder. And not in a separate database as XBMC does. Anyone ideas?
Just export video library through system settings......
XBMC 11.0-BETA3
NON-PVR
AEON MQ3 - version 1.2.3
why not setup coach potato and sickbeard and it does it all for u.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I struggled with wanting a media manager for linux for quite a long time. People said use wine and a windows one, but it never worked out well.

SickBeard and Couch Potato were released and I was finally happy with what they did. It automatically searches and writes nfo's and makes things work great.

I'd recommend what rflores said; try couch potato and sickbeard.
Thundercross Wrote:Is there a media scraper similar to Ember Media Manager or Media Companion runs natively on Ubuntu Linux. I've searched this forum, Google and every place else I can think of to find a solution. I've tried running Ember through WINE also to no avail. I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Try Open Media Manager. Visit openmediamanager.com It uses imdb and thetvdb but if you ask for other sites, the developer add them

Regards
SickBeard + CouchPotato and add in XWMM and you're set.
SickBeard is for Usenet, it's almost completely useless for anything else, such as torrents which many people use, and is does not function as just a media scraper.
I'm also looking for this, but all I'm after is a simple episode still (tbn) scraper, but the only help I've found is,
'yeah that's real easy in PHP/curl'
Which is very helpful, and true! It is real easy to learn an entire new language in order to just get a media scraper :S
(2011-03-13, 01:52)Thundercross Wrote: Is there a media scraper similar to Ember Media Manager or Media Companion runs natively on Ubuntu Linux. I've searched this forum, Google and every place else I can think of to find a solution. I've tried running Ember through WINE also to no avail. I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.
http://www.tinymediamanager.org/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Media Scraper0