Cannot enable "Live TV" (Ubuntu)
Hello,

I cannot enable Live TV in XBMC (systems, live TV, enable)
If I enable it, and leave the menu, then it does not appear. When I get back, it is disabled again.

I reinstalled Ubuntu, reinstalled my satellite card, reinstalled my VGA card, tried another VGA card.. but Im stuck now.

Any ideas?

Installed is using :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc libva1

Because I want to use PVR

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful.
Friendly greetings,
Demesmaeker

addon 11:56
I see now that during installing of XBMC :
Setting up xbmc-bin (2:11.0~git20110313.0813fe0~ppa-pvr-odk5~maverick) ...
Setting up xbmc-data (2:11.0~git20110313.0813fe0~ppa-pvr-odk5~maverick) ...
Setting up xbmc-skin-confluence (2:11.0~git20110313.0813fe0~ppa-pvr-odk5~maverick) ...

Does this mean that this xbmc is released today?
maybe its a bug?

My linux knowledge is not good enough to download an older version..shoot Sad
Any ones any idea how to fix my "enable" problem? A workaround is good enough
I have the same problem.
And you also tried to install it today?

I just got my satellite card and I am changing from Windows to Linux, to make everything work better (CCcam etc), so this is bad luck!

At this time we "speak" hundreds of others in the world will have the same problem when they install it, so maybe a solution is nearby Smile

/Demesmaeker
demesmaeker Wrote:And you also tried to install it today?
/Demesmaeker
Yes,
I upgraded my system today and it stopped working.

I'm using a Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T USB stick. Although I don't think that makes any difference.
same here upgraded today and can't enable live tv.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
deadite66 Wrote:same here upgraded today and can't enable live tv.

ouch...hope that the programmer finds out fast...so he can correct it.
Just installed the version from yesterday and then it works...However other things don't work then, but that's probably my mistake, or because of the pollution of having a newer version installed earlier.

/Demesmaeker

ps. here can you find yesterdays version without this bug : http://www.google.com/search?client=ubun...769f792670

ps2. Got this to work downloading yesterdays " .deb's "

Kudos to Lars op den Kamp for all this work
This started working for me after I changed the XBMC menu language to Finnish. It also works when I change back to English. I`m not 100 % sure this was what helped, but that was the time I noticed it started working again.
this is posted in the wrong part of the forum, so I didn't notice this topic yet. and nobody linked a full debug log on pastebin yet, so I can't tell you what's going on.

Quote:Does this mean that this xbmc is released today?
you're using a development preview of the pvr integration in xbmc. everything will work once pvr is in mainline xbmc.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot enable "Live TV" (Ubuntu)0