Can't compile 10.1 with OpenSuse 11.4
Hi

I want to compile the xbmc release 10.1 unter Opensuse 11.4. I have installed all required libraries.
During configure I get the following error:
[...]
checking for sftp_tell64 in -lssh... no
Could not find suitable version of libssh
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for MAD... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

The strange thing is libmad is installed and the header files mad.h is located at /usr/include. I have no idea why configure is unable to find the header file.

Does anybody have an idea why configure fails?

Best regards, Tilo
Use debian, I guess it will be different in opensuse ...

# sudo aptitude search libmad
i libmad0 - Librería de decodificación de audio MPEG
i libmad0-dev - MPEG audio decoder development library
[Rpi3b+ (Archlinux+kodi) & Xbox One S + Kodi]
Hi

I'm using Suse for more than 10 years and I'm happy with it.
But I have found the problem while examin the config.log file. Libmad is installed and it works. The problem is the configure script does not only check for libmad. It also checks pkgconfig. I have no clue why.
I have created a dummy file /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/mad.pc and now everything is working fine.

Maybe this should be added to wiki.
Yes, it should. You can add it to let future users trying the same. Wiki is dev/user managed. Every contribution is most welcome.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't compile 10.1 with OpenSuse 11.40