[LINUX] Asus AT3IONT-I, frame skipping, remote
Hello.

I have just recently installed ubuntu(10.10) on my ION computer. I followed the installation instructions in the wiki, and updated my nvidia-drivers to the newest available.

Now, playing movies is working great, however, when I press 'o', I get these numbers;

D(Audio: dca, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 1536kb/s) P(aq:97-99%, kB/s: ~1476)

D(Video: h264, yuv420p, 1920x1080 (PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9)) P(vq:96-99%, dc:ff-h264_vdpau-vdpau, Mb/s:6-14, drop:4, pc:none)

C(ad: 0,000, a/v: 0,020-0,060, eld:-, dcpu:5-8%, acpu:25-30%, vcpu:2%)
W(fps: 23,95-24,05 CPU loads <20%) S( refresh:24 missed:236 speed: +0,100% sync: -7% error:0-3%)

I figured drop should be 0, and 236 missed? Hm!?

Also, when I enable <displayremotecodes>, I was expecting a printout on the monitor, however, nothing seems to happen. I formatted the file like this;
Code:
<advancedcommands>
<displayremotecodes>true</displayremotecodes>
</advancedcommands>
You often get drops when a file starts, when forwarding, when opening menu's etc. It's only "bad" if it is happening while you are only watcht.

Best test: playback a file, press o and memorize the number of dropped frames, as they are caused by starting the file. Let it play for an hour, come back and see if the number of dropped frames has increased.
A few hundred dropped frames is normal watching a movie.

As long as it never degrades the fluidness of the movie, everything is fine.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Asus AT3IONT-I, frame skipping, remote0