[LIVE] [YouTube Plugin-Sugestion] - External Playlist?
Hi there...

Just got the 10.1 and installed form the menus the YouTube addon... man it has come a long way.. great work... The only problem it really has now is that you can not view a channels playlists (or at least I can not see how)

I can see my own playlists of anything I made with my own account (after I log in with my usr/pass)

I watch a lot of videos that are segmented due to their length. Most channels place these in Playlists.... unfortunately there seams no way to play these playlists.

Example
youtube.com/draftmagic

At the moment I need to go through their playlist and 1 by 1 addd them to a custom playlist I have set to my user called "watch me" as I can acess my own playlists fine.

SUGESTION

Please consider adding a way to search a channel for its playlists. or if you can tell me how to do it!

Thanks in advance
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
Jyujinkai Wrote:Hi there...

Just got the 10.1 and installed form the menus the YouTube addon... man it has come a long way.. great work... The only problem it really has now is that you can not view a channels playlists (or at least I can not see how)

I can see my own playlists of anything I made with my own account (after I log in with my usr/pass)

I watch a lot of videos that are segmented due to their length. Most channels place these in Playlists.... unfortunately there seams no way to play these playlists.

Example
youtube.com/draftmagic

At the moment I need to go through their playlist and 1 by 1 addd them to a custom playlist I have set to my user called "watch me" as I can acess my own playlists fine.

SUGESTION

Please consider adding a way to search a channel for its playlists. or if you can tell me how to do it!

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Just a little FYI,

The Youtube plugin already has a thread for feature request and questions Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79487&page=73

What you're asking for has already been requested previously and part of it is already implemented. The plugin has the ability to view channel playlists as well as uploads and favorites, but sadly due to an unforseen bug it is currently disabled in the currently released version. We will be issuing a bugfix within the coming weeks to fix that.

We're also currently working on a hack for the beta version of the plugin that should enable you to view a channels playlist and queue it in xbmc in one go Smile This code is so far very untested and as such it will be quite a while before it appears in the official repo, but if you're feeling adventurous you could try a svn checkout from the plugins webpage (http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/) and see if it works for you Smile

----- EDIT ----
Just remembered, alternatively you could add the channel user as a contact (It doesn't matter if they accept the invitation) and view their playlists that way

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] [YouTube Plugin-Sugestion] - External Playlist?0