• 11(current)
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM232
ekim232 Wrote:I am around. Just been busy lately and have slowly knocking down suggestions from the to-do list. I still have these to do...

-Custom home panels. This will require a lot because I have icons and custom back drops. It is a lot of coding to get this done, but seems necessary now days for users.
-Add additional views to add ons.

After that I would consider this skin pretty well complete. Until the Eden changes come along. I would still like to get a logo together for it, but I need to find time. It is taking me a little bit because I just spent two weeks recreating the original Aeon by DJH from scratch. I did it as a passion project since that is the skin that inspired me to learn about coding and I thought it would be nice for people to see how Aeon was originally intended, but with massive speed increase.

Ekim, are you going that remade original Aeon skin for Eden users. The original Aeon was around 100mb and was pretty smooth. Btw, Prescence also rocks.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:Ekim, are you going that remade original Aeon skin for Eden users. The original Aeon was around 100mb and was pretty smooth. Btw, Prescence also rocks.

I plan on holding it until Eden drops. Mine was designed around the Foundation skin as a base and is only around 40mb as of now. Could go up slightly if I package in the night theme.
ekim232 Wrote:I am around. Just been busy lately and have slowly knocking down suggestions from the to-do list. I still have these to do...

-Custom home panels. This will require a lot because I have icons and custom back drops. It is a lot of coding to get this done, but seems necessary now days for users.
-Add additional views to add ons.

After that I would consider this skin pretty well complete. Until the Eden changes come along. I would still like to get a logo together for it, but I need to find time. It is taking me a little bit because I just spent two weeks recreating the original Aeon by DJH from scratch. I did it as a passion project since that is the skin that inspired me to learn about coding and I thought it would be nice for people to see how Aeon was originally intended, but with massive speed increase.

I looked over the images in the repo and it looks like the home menu panels ('windows\home' folder) are separate from the icons ('home icons' folder) ?

btw... AEON was great for its time. IMO, Prescense is much more polished and better on eye candy - in every way.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:I looked over the images in the repo and it looks like the home menu panels ('windows\home' folder) are separate from the icons ('home icons' folder) ?

Yes, because I have an animation set on them to make the icons bounce upon focus.
For those wanting a larger SeekBar (during pauses, etc). My eye sight is not great anymore so I needed to make the gfx and text larger.

files for direct replacements of originals
ekim,
I found a bug... when you are playing a video/music and go back to the home menu, the now-playing dialog window is in the middle of the screen... barely visible above exisiting home menu images.
Just for the sake of theme ideas, I am practicing and learning how to skin using the setup here on Presence and love working with it! But anyways, I asked my Girlfriend what she would like most to look at and she said african savannah, so here we go, Theme idea! Tell me what you think and if you have any suggestions. I am working on the different view types that I personally use for the moment, and am replacing the dark blue sections within the lists and what not with the black zebra fur. It seems to work nicely with the layout already present.

Edit: As you can see there is still that blue glow present under the frames. I wasn't sure how to remove that and possibly change its color. Any help much appreciated! Also looking at the tv shows, where you see the "." is missing characters in that specific font. I will be adding those characters later and fixing the font so the letters are better spaced. I loved the font concept but unfortunately the creator left out a lot of characters and didn't space out the font characters correctly.

O and one final question: I use the poster slide viewtype when viewing the seasons of a tv show, which automatically displays tv show fanart. Looking all through the xml for that viewtype I can not for the life of me figure out how to disable that setting and have it display the default background, in my case that giraffe print one.
Wex,
that is "wild" Wink

Really well done.

The blue glow will be difficult to change unless you have the original PSD. Maybe ekim will post the PSD - I'd like it also as I'd like to change a few images.
hmm well I guess it is always erasable in the jpg. Then I could always just add my own glow to it
using it now 2 days again ( experimenting with skins Smile ) on Amd zacaté on windows 7 64bit , got it running quick , just with rendering the recently added it goes a tad slower but overall nice light skin !

like i said before like the fact that the font used to show the plot is a bit bigger is nice !

just the OSD is a bit small when u pause but not that important

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
2nd Htpc : same as above except ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe
HansP Wrote:just the OSD is a bit small when u pause but not that important

I fixed that... look a few posts up to find the link to the new files
@ekim232,

Nice use of existing textures. But you should also credit Ellipsis by Team Blackbolt as I've noticed a few textures from that skin in there as well as Xperience.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
I thought I did on the first post, but looks like I just mentioned Xperience. Sorry...

The textures from both of your team's skins are simply amazing and it made it possible for me to create this.
zepfan Wrote:I was bored tonight ( and wanted to switch skins!) so I made a PseudoTV skin for Presence. I'm not uploading it now, because it takes too many tweaks right now. After I hear what everyone likes and doesn't like I'll upload it.

Info Screen:

EPG (a little distorted just from the shot. It's not normally)

The only thing that needs tweaking is if EKim can Change font 13 to size 24 and Xperience font. If it's not too big of a deal do you mind?

Anyway, I really love the skin and wanted to make one that felt normal for pseudo. Thank You!

I love prescence skin, it´s fantastic.

@zepfan: I like your skin for pseudo tv, please share it with us
mand45 Wrote:I love prescence skin, it´s fantastic.

@zepfan: I like your skin for pseudo tv, please share it with us

I forgot about this, it got replaced by an update, I'll have to redo it, look for it next week!
Nothing to see here....
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Prescence by EKIM2324