• 2(current)
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on
Any chance this plugin could be made to work with the FoodNetwork as well?
jus10mar10 Wrote:Any chance this plugin could be made to work with the FoodNetwork as well?

Possible , the last time I checked the food network didn't have much content up on the web, just some clips. That may have changed it's been a while since I've looked.
Does anybody know if HGTV plugin works in Europe on only in the States?
Thank you for providing this! My wife and I have been using it regularly since we discovered it a month ago.

One problem: we can't pause anything, then resume. If we try it'll play for a few seconds (cached?) and then freeze/timeout. We have little kids so we get interrupted A LOT and we've learned to workaround the problem -- if you stop the playback, then select the show again, it'll prompt you to resume at the previous spot.

Is this fixable, though, so that you can use Pause?
bsmith1051 Wrote:Thank you for providing this! My wife and I have been using it regularly since we discovered it a month ago.

One problem: we can't pause anything, then resume. If we try it'll play for a few seconds (cached?) and then freeze/timeout. We have little kids so we get interrupted A LOT and we've learned to workaround the problem -- if you stop the playback, then select the show again, it'll prompt you to resume at the previous spot.

Is this fixable, though, so that you can use Pause?

Hi, glad you find the add-on useful Smile

To my knowledge there isn't anything I can do. If anyone has any insight or suggestions please reply.

@phileas50, I had a report of the Food Network add-on geo blocking and the source is the same so maybe US only. If the videos wont play in a web browser they are geo blocking.
I am late to the game, but thank you divingmule for this addon. The amount of content available here is amazing. For some reason, though, I get an error message when I try to select the "Property Virgins" show, and when I select the "Real Estate Intervention" show, I get episodes from Property Virgins instead. Any idea of why that might be happening? REI does immediately follow PV on the show list. Thanks.
youngml Wrote:I am late to the game, but thank you divingmule for this addon. The amount of content available here is amazing. For some reason, though, I get an error message when I try to select the "Property Virgins" show, and when I select the "Real Estate Intervention" show, I get episodes from Property Virgins instead. Any idea of why that might be happening? REI does immediately follow PV on the show list. Thanks.

Yeah, when they add or remove a show it throws my code off. I'll look into it, thanks.
Thank you very much for updating this addon!
Welcome, Smile enjoy.
hi divingmule,

thanks for this plugin! it is awesome!

i do have one question though... on the hgtv site itself, i see episodes from at least 5 or 6 seasons. when inside xbmc though, i can only access the latest 2.

do you know why this might be happening?
defender013 Wrote:hi divingmule,

thanks for this plugin! it is awesome!

i do have one question though... on the hgtv site itself, i see episodes from at least 5 or 6 seasons. when inside xbmc though, i can only access the latest 2.

do you know why this might be happening?

Hi, can you give me an example, a link to the webpage or the name of a show where you see this. Some of the shows are also in the DIY add-on, witch does a better job of listing seasons.
hi divingmule,

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv40/videos/index.html

the one i'm interested in specifically is house hunters, though i think a lot of hgtv shows have the same behavior..

basically, on the webpage itself, there are quite a few seasons listed, but through the plugin, i am only able to access 2 seasons.

your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks for pointing that out! I've got it fixed, hopefully the updates will get pushed soon.
thanks for the fix!

i'll look forward to the update being pushed!
Just noticed an update to the add on. I'm just wondering what all it fixed. Was it just the added seasons for some shows? Also is there an option to change the stream/quality of stream or are they simply using 1 size fits all?

EDIT:
Also noticed an update to Food Network, but could not find a thread for it. Mind telling what the update covers or maybe starting a thread for it (:
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on1