• 3(current)
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on
mrdally204 Wrote:Just noticed an update to the add on. I'm just wondering what all it fixed. Was it just the added seasons for some shows?

Yeah, if a show had more than two seasons they wasn't listed.

Quote:Also is there an option to change the stream/quality of stream or are they simply using 1 size fits all?

As far as I know there's not any options. Seems the newer shows are getting a little better.

Quote:Also noticed an update to Food Network, but could not find a thread for it. Mind telling what the update covers or maybe starting a thread for it (:

The Food Network add-on has a ton of show-clips. I was scraping the show directories from the website witch didn't work very well, so now I've hardcoded them.

I need to get a mod to change the title of this thread (maybe one will see this Smile) I updated the first post a while back and added tags. I intend this thread to be used for HGTV, DIY, and Food Network. They are all very similar and come from the same source.
Thanks for the update! Love the additional content.
divingmule,
thanks for the updates. They work great on my windows and Xbox versions of XBMC!
Foodnetwork wont work for me.
Running the latest official build (June 23), ATV2 ios 4.2.2.

Heres my log.
http://pastebin.com/PaKFHtXp

Thanks for your help!

edit**

If I go to foodnetwork on my pc and play any episode on my browser the plugin begins to work on my ATV2.
Temp. workaround but very annoying...
fruzmatik Wrote:Foodnetwork wont work for me.
Running the latest official build (June 23), ATV2 ios 4.2.2.

Heres my log.
http://pastebin.com/PaKFHtXp

Thanks for your help!

edit**

If I go to foodnetwork on my pc and play any episode on my browser the plugin begins to work on my ATV2.
Temp. workaround but very annoying...

That's really strange... Check your network,router,firewall settings. Make sure you are allowing in and out on port:1935 for your ATV2. From my google-ing this is usually a problem with something blocking port 1935 witch is used for rtmp://.
divingmule Wrote:That's really strange... Check your network,router,firewall settings. Make sure you are allowing in and out on port:1935 for your ATV2. From my google-ing this is usually a problem with something blocking port 1935 witch is used for rtmp://.

I forwarded port 1935 via my router, but no change. No firewall running, other addons work well. Ill keep playing with it. Thanks for your help.
Hi! I'm a newbie to xbmc.

I started noticing an issue yesterday with the HGTV (and other network TV) add-ons for xbmc.org. I'm running xbmc 10.1 Dharma under Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a Mac Mini.

When I'm watching free HGTV shows that are 21:32 in length, they stop playing in xbmc at around the 16 minute mark. This issue is consistent.

If it helps, the HGTV episodes I watched through xbmc that are ending prematurely were from the show "House Hunters". I do not get any error on screen when the show stops. It just stops and returns to the show listing menu. However, when I go to the HGTV House Hunters web site, I can view the same free episodes in their entirety.

Anyone else experiencing and know of a fix?

(Note: This same issue is happening with ABC 20/20 free episodes from the xbmc add-on but I can watch them fine from the web. When I tested watching these two shows in Navi-X, the issue happens there too.)

Thanks in advance.
ablue Wrote:Hi! I'm a newbie to xbmc.

I started noticing an issue yesterday with the HGTV (and other network TV) add-ons for xbmc.org. I'm running xbmc 10.1 Dharma under Mac OS X Snow Leopard on a Mac Mini.

When I'm watching free HGTV shows that are 21:32 in length, they stop playing in xbmc at around the 16 minute mark. This issue is consistent.

If it helps, the HGTV episodes I watched through xbmc that are ending prematurely were from the show "House Hunters". I do not get any error on screen when the show stops. It just stops and returns to the show listing menu. However, when I go to the HGTV House Hunters web site, I can view the same free episodes in their entirety.

Anyone else experiencing and know of a fix?

(Note: This same issue is happening with ABC 20/20 free episodes from the xbmc add-on but I can watch them fine from the web. When I tested watching these two shows in Navi-X, the issue happens there too.)

Thanks in advance.

Hi, sorry your having trouble. I watched a couple episodes of House Hunters without any issues so I'm not sure whats going on. Maybe pastebin.com your xbmc.log the next time it happens and I will take a look see if there are any clues.
divingmule Wrote:Hi, sorry your having trouble. I watched a couple episodes of House Hunters without any issues so I'm not sure whats going on. Maybe pastebin.com your xbmc.log the next time it happens and I will take a look see if there are any clues.

Thanks!

Should I attempt to watch a full episode of House Hunters first, then paste the log? Or will the current log show any issue when I attempted to watch it on yesterday?

*I turned on the debug option and then watched one of the 21:32 min episodes of House Hunters ("Brothers Buy In Denver"). The stream stopped after about 2 mins this time.*

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/dM6KkCXL
Thanks for the log. This seems to be the error -

Code:
ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (5 bytes)
   ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (42 bytes)
   INFO: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -1. GetSockError(): 9 (Bad file descriptor)
   ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 65721

I don't know what this means. At first glance google doesn't show much. Anyone have any ideas?

Investigating further...
divingmule Wrote:Thanks for the log. This seems to be the error -

Code:
ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (5 bytes)
   ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (42 bytes)
   INFO: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -1. GetSockError(): 9 (Bad file descriptor)
   ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 65721

I don't know what this means. At first glance google doesn't show much. Anyone have any ideas?

Investigating further...

Thanks for checking into this. Any update?

My pastebin has expired. Let me know if you need it again.
Hi, The only time I've been able to reproduce that error has been when my internet connection drops. It's been my experience, with my sometimes flaky dsl, that web browsers / flash players handle this a lot better than xbmc does.
Is there any chance you'll add a latest videos section?

My girlfriend loves this plugin, but has to keep checking shows she's watch all of to see if there are any new shows.
Hi, it's not likely. The add-on scrapes the website, and there's no category for recent or anything like that.
I was able to add additional shows (i.e. Design Star) pretty trivially. The script doesn't really scrape the website to find the shows, default.py tells it specifically what pages to scrape in order to find the episodes for the shows listed in default.py.

Look at, and subsequently edit, default.py see how the URL's are formatted and make sure the show thats not listed has videos in the same or similar location (show-name/videos).

For Design Star, I added it by putting it at the top (since that's the only show the wife watches).

Code:
addDir(__language__(29999),'/hgtv-design-star/videos/index.html',1,'http://hgtv.sndimg.com/HGTV/2011/06/16/spPackage_HGTV-Design-Star-6_s980x125.jpg')

Next go into resources/languages/English/strings.xml and add a name for the show you just added (and make the number above - 29999 or whatever you use), match.

Code:
<string id="29999">Design Star</string>

Reload the plugin and you should have your new show. Now the formatting isn't the best in the world for this show (you go into episode dirs and you have to wade through the items listed to actually find the episode itself, but it's there).

So hopefully the maintainer can add this show and hopefully others here can help to get your shows added as well.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on1