• 6(current)
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad
Thank you for This Nice app. Sorry if This question Already exits but is it Possible to get osd and context menu ón the Remote
Flarup Wrote:Thank you for This Nice app. Sorry if This question Already exits but is it Possible to get osd and context menu ón the Remote

If you're looking to show the osd or context menu, all you need to do is press the "menu" button (4 dots with 4 lines) in the remote view (top left button). When you are over an item on the xbmc menu, pressing this button will bring up the context menu and during playback it brings up the OSD.
Hopefully here soon I will finally be able to begin to truly put this remote through its paces (been up to my neck in school work) I may have missed something but would it be possible to add a function similar to the xbmc streamer app? (ie having your music collection streamed to your iphone/touch) via wifi?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:I may have missed something but would it be possible to add a function similar to the xbmc streamer app? (ie having your music collection streamed to your iphone/touch) via wifi?

It's on my list of things to investigate for SoulMote. So hang in there.
good deal, thanks for the update.
DarkHelmet Wrote:The full screen button makes xbmc toggle between full screen or windowed (the application itself). Is it supposed to do that? I was expecting a toggle between xbmc's full screen (visualization, full screen video) and the menus of xbmc.
In the next version pressing that button will toggle between menu and media as you were expecting.
In addition the old functionality will still be accessible as the alternate button press i.e holding your finger down on that button for 1 second will switch between windowed and full screen views

Quote:However after I chose an artist I get a list of all the songs by that artist. Could you make another node, that after choosing an artist, I'd get a list of the albums by that artist? Same in music videos.
I've now done this for music videos as well. I am considering allowing users to toggle between the old way and the album views for music videos. However I'll see what feedback I get on the current system.
Flarup Wrote:Thank you for This Nice app. Sorry if This question Already exits but is it Possible to get osd and context menu ón the Remote

dwagner Wrote:If you're looking to show the osd or context menu, all you need to do is press the "menu" button (4 dots with 4 lines) in the remote view (top left button). When you are over an item on the xbmc menu, pressing this button will bring up the context menu and during playback it brings up the OSD.

I think he meant, having the context menu showing up on the iphone/ipod/ipad.

I don't know if it would make much sense, but I like that idea of having a context menu like options on the remote.

also maybe this is not entirely possible.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

The_Dogg Wrote:I think he meant, having the context menu showing up on the iphone/ipod/ipad.

I don't know if it would make much sense, but I like that idea of having a context menu like options on the remote.

also maybe this is not entirely possible.
I stand to be corrected but I don't think xbmc makes this information available via http or JSON. So unfortunately its not a feature that can be implemented.
I am finding the remote very compressed. would it be possible to space things out, and in my opinion does not really feel like a remote(when using the remote function) would it be possible to have a layout similar to the collect3 remote or make it skinable?
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:would it be possible to have a layout similar to the collect3 remote or make it skinable?

Custom buttons are on the cards, but its a few version away. A gesture controller will also be coming soon which will allow navigation in the xbmc menu without having to look at the remote.
good deal, thanks so much...keep up the good work.
Great app - works like a charm!
Some proposals for future development (music section):
1. Support for XBMC "Party mode" for music
2. Ability to delete entries in Music playlist (right swipe)
3. Ability to add a song as next to be played (ADD NEXT, not only ADD LAST)
4. Rearranging entries in playlist (ideally drag and drop type rearranging).
5. Search for individual songs (global search with possibility to then select Artist, Album or Songs from the resultset)

Again - thanks for a great app Wink
thomash72 Wrote:Great app - works like a charm!
Some proposals for future development (music section):
1. Support for XBMC "Party mode" for music
2. Ability to delete entries in Music playlist (right swipe)
3. Ability to add a song as next to be played (ADD NEXT, not only ADD LAST)
4. Rearranging entries in playlist (ideally drag and drop type rearranging).
5. Search for individual songs (global search with possibility to then select Artist, Album or Songs from the resultset)

Again - thanks for a great app Wink
I've added all your requests onto my task list. After I get the current version in production out, I will investigate your requests and see what I can or can't do. Some features might make it in earlier than others, but I'll keep them on my list until I either implement or rule them out for some reason.
Rainbow 
Barring any issues in Apple's testing phase, the latest version of SoulMote should be out sometime next week.

The top requested feature from users via email was Detail Views for media and it is implemented in the new version. Fan Art support is also included for users of the enhanced version.

The enhanced caching system now supports compression which will dramatically reduce SoulMote's usage of your precious disk space by up to 80%. This is optional but is enabled by default. Users who upgrade will be recommended by the App to delete their existing cache, although if you don't the system will compress the images when it encounters them again the next time. The cache system can now also be set up to 1GB or you can disable the cache limit all together.

There is also a new media center data cache which for the upcoming version is only really used for some tasks behind the scenes but will be pivotal in future versions allowing for great new features.
In version 1.40 you can switch between bookshelf and list view (Screenshot below). For those of you with big libraries, you can quickly jump to the start of any letter by using the index on the right (much like the list view). Due to my choice of colors and the fact that Apple doesn't yet expose an ability to change the index color, the index is quite hidden at first glance. However once you hold your finger down on the index it becomes clearer and you can then drag your finger to the letter you wish to stop at it.

Per user request, I have moved the search box out of the top of the table and instead I have added a search popover that can be access by pressing the new Search, Sort, Style button in the top right of the navigation bar. The big benefit is that you no longer have to scroll back to the top of the table to start or amend your search. In addition the search is now live, so you will see the results as you type.

For those of you interested to find out all the new features and bug fixes in SoulMote 1.40 you can access them on our Facebook page at: I-Imagine Interactive

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad1