• 7(current)
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad
Thumbs Up 
Version 1.40 is now available for free download on the iTunes store.
Just follow this link: SoulMote link

Many thanks for all the great emails and support.
With each and every update I've been waiting for the one thing fix that really bugs me. As I've scrolled through the thread I haven't seen anyone mention it, so that might be why I'm still waiting. Wink

Anyway, if you have smart playlists in XBMC, SoulMote won't play them. You can click on the playlist, but either nothing happens or XBMC reports that the item couldn't be played. I basically only use smart playlists and only really use this remote to start or change smart playlists when I'm out on my deck.

Any thoughts?
pkscuot Wrote:Anyway, if you have smart playlists in XBMC, SoulMote won't play them. You can click on the playlist, but either nothing happens or XBMC reports that the item couldn't be played. I basically only use smart playlists and only really use this remote to start or change smart playlists when I'm out on my deck.

Any thoughts?

I had a look at the issue. This bug seems to be with XBMC and not SoulMote. Whenever a smart playlist file (.xsp) is played, xbmc logs show a "Open - error probing input format".

Looking on xbmc bug tracker I've found the following user patch
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11595
Based on what I have read about this patch, once this is implemented I believe I will be able to resolve your issue.
Thumbs Up 
With version 1.40 out the door its time to start preparing the next version.

So far the most frequent request I have received from users via email is Landscape support.

I have created a little feature poll on Facebook. So follow the link below and vote on the feature you would most like to see in version 1.5

If you don't see the feature that you want. Just vote for "other", and leave a comment on the poll or on the SoulMote discussion for the feature you are looking for.

Click here to visit the poll
Thumbs Up 
I've sent an interim release (version 1.41) to Apple to sort out a few user issues. It should be available within 2 weeks.

Here is a list of the fixes:
- Fixed missing music artists that are part of compilations
- Fixed missing songs when selecting a compilation album
- Fixed movie thumbnails for stacks
- Fixes missing placeholder images for iPad Fan Art views.
Would like a feature like internet radio to be possible to control on soulmote.
Something like RadioTime - there is a nice plugin for XBMC.
Or maybe that you can see/control the fav list, where you can put links for internet radio staions..

Some thing like sonos system -
grawsom Wrote:Would like a feature like internet radio to be possible to control on soulmote.
Something like RadioTime - there is a nice plugin for XBMC.
Or maybe that you can see/control the fav list, where you can put links for internet radio staions..

Some thing like sonos system -
You're the first to ask for this, but I've added it to feature request list in the meantime. Lots to do already for Version 1.50.

The big question in regards to your request is whether I am able to query the information to do with the plugin. We will have to see.

Make sure to vote for Other on the feature request poll here: Feature Poll
Thumbs Up 
It is exactly 3 months since SoulMote was first released on the iTunes store and I'm happy to report that version 1.41 is now available for download: SoulMote iTunes link

Onto version 1.50 Cool
Version 1.50 is coming along, and as always I am looking ahead.
Below a sneak peak at the new skin that is being worked on for version 1.60

Hello

I'm using Soulmote with iPad and ATV2. I really like the simple set up as it detects the xbmc servers automatically.
The only problem I have so far is that movie info (fan art, summary, title...) is only showing up for 20% of my movies. For 80% nothing is displayed it stays blank. This info exists on the ATV2 itself.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks
oarthus Wrote:Hello
I'm using Soulmote with iPad and ATV2. I really like the simple set up as it detects the xbmc servers automatically.
The only problem I have so far is that movie info (fan art, summary, title...) is only showing up for 20% of my movies. For 80% nothing is displayed it stays blank. This info exists on the ATV2 itself.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks

I'm suspecting something with your setup. I don't think its a SoulMote issue but I'll PM you for more info so that I can try and help you resolve the problem.
dwagner Wrote:You're the first to ask for this, but I've added it to feature request list in the meantime. Lots to do already for Version 1.50.

The big question in regards to your request is whether I am able to query the information to do with the plugin. We will have to see.

Make sure to vote for Other on the feature request poll here: Feature Poll

I'd be grateful to have this feature, as grawsom says, like the SONOS system, I tend to use this feature more than searching my music or video files.

XBMC itself is weak on this side of things, I have to choose an add-on from within the music menu to access internet radio, whereas, SONOS is a direct link. Would be nice to have same on Soulmote.
Thumbs Up 
Version 1.50 of SoulMote has been released.... finally.
Now you can flip the remote sideways as landscape orientation is supported. In a future version I will customize the NowPlaying and Remote landscape views to make them more snazzy, but for now I just shifted things around.

In addition for iPad users I have now inflated the toolbar. The default Apple size was just way too small.

Per a feature request you can now also post to your Facebook wall what you are currently watching, directly from the NowPlaying screen.

The detail views now also remain visible when you press back from the NowPlaying view.

Enjoy.

SoulMote 1.60 was released today on the iTunes store.

Amongst fixes, the new version allows you to swap between the default metal skin and the new wood skin. In addition you can now view cached data when you are not connected to xbmc.

ImageImageImage

You can view more screenshots by clicking this link: SoulMote Wood Skin.
SoulMote 1.70 has been released. Click here to download from the iTunes store.

New YouTube functionality
+ Search for YouTube videos within SoulMote
+ Launch YouTube videos on your iOS device or on XBMC
+ View YouTube videos by feed
+ Find trailers for your movies by clicking the YouTube button on the movie detail views
+ Save links to your favorite YouTube videos for later viewing
+ Easily post YouTube videos to FaceBook

New IMDB Support
+ IMDB button on the movie detail view opens up more information on the movie
+ Launches IMDB App if you have it installed, otherwise opens IMDB in Safari

Additional Features
+ Sort your media by "Recently Added" order (newest to oldest or visa vera)
+ Sources View now shows file and folder dates
+ Sources View now allows sorting by date

Fixes
+ Fixed Sources View not updating last watched when you return from remote/now playing view
+ Fixed folder thumbnails sometimes not showing in sources view

ImageImage
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad1