• 8(current)
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad
Hi All

Can anyone help, im using original xbox 1's with XBMC4XBOX 3.01 Builds

i can connect to soulmote fine and browse all my share, when i select songs and select add to playlist that works fine, when i go to playlists it just says empty and there are no songs there.

also is there anyway to have it set so songs play 1 after the other cause at the moment its only playing the 1 song i select and then music stops.

any help much appreciated.

Regards Simon
Sicoe Wrote:Can anyone help, im using original xbox 1's with XBMC4XBOX 3.01 Builds

i can connect to soulmote fine and browse all my share, when i select songs and select add to playlist that works fine, when i go to playlists it just says empty and there are no songs there.

Hi Simon,

I've never used XBMC4XBOX but I have some ideas to what the issues could be. The queue files command in SoulMote is done using the JSON API, JSON API is supported from XBMC 10.1. My guess is that the XBMC4XBOX does not support JSON and only supports the HTTP API. I can't remember off the top of my head why I switched to using the JSON queue command instead of the HTTP API.

As I head to version 2.0 of SoulMote I am allowing switching between the HTTP API and the JSON API in SoulMote, so I'll look again if queuing in HTTP API works ok, and if it does I'll put it back in and that will hopefully fix your problem. If you PM me your email, I could work with you to do some simple tests on your system.

Quote:also is there anyway to have it set so songs play 1 after the other cause at the moment its only playing the 1 song i select and then music stops.
If we manage to sort your queue issue, then we can solve this too. I'm going to add a queue current folder for Sources view in an upcoming version.

Dan
Hi, great app, as far this is the only app thats works fine.

I have like 2600 movies with the propper .nfo file next to each movie, also the .png, etc... but the soulmote dont disply my movies, not even one, the only one works fine is the genre button, I will appricieate if you have any comment

Thanks in advance
Hi Dan

Pm sent, first class support by the way from a first class app.

thanks
This is an very great app. The only problem I have is that I cannot use it with XBMC eden version. Almost everything works except the left/right/up/down buttons.

Am I doing something wrong or doesn't this app support the XBMC eden version?
fernandofg Wrote:I have like 2600 movies with the propper .nfo file next to each movie, also the .png, etc... but the soulmote dont disply my movies, not even one, the only one works fine is the genre button, I will appricieate if you have any comment
I assume that the movies show up fine when viewed within the XBMC library mode. If so, I'll need a bit more info like which XBMC version you are running, which operating system you're running on. Are you using the standard database in XBMC or are you using MYSQL.

In an upcoming update you'll be able to switch between JSON and HTTP API which will probably sort out your problem. However let me know the answers to the above, you can PM me and we can see if we can figure out why you're having problems.

Rene30 Wrote:The only problem I have is that I cannot use it with XBMC eden version. Almost everything works except the left/right/up/down buttons.
In development I stick to the latest stable build i.e 10.1, however as the next stable release of XBMC is nearing completion, I will start testing SoulMote and fix issues with it. So I'll take a look at why the directional buttons aren't working and try fix it for version 1.80.
Maybe I'm missing something but can't figure out how to skip chapters with this app. Tried up/down on the touch remote but nothing.. I can only seek/FF/REW. Ideas?
hagfish Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but can't figure out how to skip chapters with this app. Tried up/down on the touch remote but nothing.. I can only seek/FF/REW. Ideas?
Are you using XBMC 10.1 or a nightly build? I know the arrows aren't working in the latest nightly. This will be fixed in the next release.
Nightly- thx for the update/info.
Thumbs Up 
Early season greetings from SoulMote. Version 2.00 has now been released. Download from here

Please Note: Users who upgrade will have Event Server automatically enabled for their existing hosts. When adding a new host Event Server is off by default (contrary to the initial pop-up message). This will be changed in the next release. For now if you are adding a new host and want to use event server then just edit the host and enable Event Server communication (recommended for users using nightly builds). For information on the setup please visit http://www.soulmote.com/index.php/support

New Features
+ iOS 5 compatibility
+ Twitter Support (currently only supported in iOS 5 and up)
+ XBMC Eden ready. Supports JSON API 3 and up (tested with nightly XBMC build 20111124)
+ Support for re-ordering and deleting items from playlists (supported in XBMC builds with JSON API 3 and above)
+ Event Server support
+ Plugins and Scripts can now be viewed and executed from SoulMote's Add-On view (in-app purchase required to run scripts and plugins)
+ Dashboard now supports multiple pages
+ Added YouTube most popular & most recent trailer feeds
+ YouTube now loads the movie trailer as specified by XBMC rather then doing a general trailer search
+ Added iPhone Settings, includes Once-Off settings incase you're having issues with the cache or the host you are connecting to, as well as HTTP API settings for backwards compatibility
+ SoulMote crash detection will give you the option to send crash logs directly to us

Fixes
+ Fixed wrong image shown in NowPlaying view when starting another video while one is already playing
+ Fixed label and date now visible in iPhone grid view (note: file dates are currently not supported when using JSON)
+ Fixed YouTube search bar clipped off-screen when starting in portrait orientation
+ Fixed orientation issues with remote and popup selections

ImageImage
If you are using an old nightly XBMC build I would highly recommend upgrading to a more recent November/December nightly when using it with SoulMote.

If you've downloaded SoulMote 2.00 you may have noticed the dashboard now has multiple pages much like the device's launchpad. The Now Playing button currently sits on its lonely self on the second page of the dashboard. Some new function buttons will be introduced in the not so distant future. I will also add an ability to re-arrange the dashboard to suit your needs.

Most importantly I've added features in 2.00 to help catch bugs. Though even if you are submitting logs directly from the app, I would always encourage you to drop me a line through the Support button and let me know what happened and whether it happens regularly, as the crash logs don't always make it easy to pinpoint the problem. In the unlikely event that you are not able to submit a message from SoulMote you can also visit http://www.soulmote.com and submit a support message from there.

A special thanks for your continued support. Version 3.00 is already brewing with lots of exciting new features, and of course performance and stability improvements. Along the way to Version 3.00 I will of course release many intermediate updates.
Hi dwagner,

WoW this looks like a great remote/app

And I am just off to try it right now

Thanks
Hi dwagner,

Thanks for all your hard work but

I seem to be having some problems, all was set-up as described and soul mote connect to XBMC as it should, event server is set to on

Here is my set up
windows 7
XBMC nightly build 1-12-2011
Ipad 2

my problems are

I get no cover art only a the clear case with a disc in the middle, Was hope to be able to use my custom covers, which are .png stored in xbmc as .tbn
when I select a movie the play button does nothing, but I am able to play via the source
in Now Playing the movie advance slider appears over the movie name, Plus there doesn't appear to be a play button to replay after fast forwarding
One last thing, the constellation remote I am using at the moment supports Cinema Experience by way of a long press on the movie play button, do you have any plans to support CE

here is a link to Cinema Experience

Thanks
seem that the cover are for paid version only, In the paid version will i be able to use my custom covers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and where would the fanart be
Wow, I am planning to buy a harmony remote until I end up searching ipad here in the forum and see this thing. I will try it when I get home. Also would like to know how much is the paid version of this thing? Thanks!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad1