How do you import ITUNES in XBMC
Can someone direct me the the clear instructions to access my Itunes Songs and playlists on my XBMC over my network?

Here is my scenario
I have XBMC on my ATV2 and my itunes is on my Windows 7 PC

I can get to my Windows 7 pc via SMB, but not sure how to import my Itunes XML file into XBMC so I can view all my songs and playlists on my ATV if that is the correct way to do it

Thanks all for your help
Why not just connect to your itunes library using the normal ATV2 interface, thats what it was designed for. Its simple, just turn homesharing on in itunes and the ATV.
i have and that works fine, but I want to access itunes via XBMC for Fanart and album info and such
Im not sure if the Dev's have gotten the importing of music working properly yet, so the normal method of Adding the directory that has all of the music in it as a source may or may not work from your ATV2. I had tried that originally and it would never truly import. If that bug has been fixed then that is the way to do it. If you want to see your cover art, you will need to make sure the artwork is embedded into your MP3's. I use itunes on a mac, and there is a script out there that did the embedding for me.

If the bug is not fixed, then you might have to approach it this way, which is how I do it. I manage all of my scraping and overall movie/music management locally, then push the db and thumbs to the ATV2:

(I have all of my music on the same NAS drive my movies are on. If you dont want to copy them there, then you might have to tinker with the sources.xml file on your ATV2/XBMC installation to get the connection right.)

1. Install XBMC locally on your pc
2. Add a source via smb to music directory and run the scan on it
3. If you have movies as well, you will want to import those too

Copy over all of the database and thumbnail folders from your local installation to your ATV2 Installation.

local files: /Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/ (mac)
remote files: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata
now thats an interesting idea but here is my problem

I installed XBMC on my Windows 7 pc but when I go in SMB it does not see the pc for me to find the music and scan
It does see the windows 7 pc on SMB from the APPLE TV XBMC

So how can I fix this from the machine I want to share

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you import ITUNES in XBMC0