• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
Thanks for the great addon! It's really helping us work through having no cable tv anymore.

My fiance wanted me to ask if TLC.com is being worked on?
please we want french channels :

RDI
TVA
V
and others
Pednick Wrote:Yep it's a "handshake" problem it it won't work until to update the rtmp and/or librtmp, anything else is just an excuse.

How do you Install/update the rtmp for ATV2 and what is the current version of librtmp

On Eden Beta 2 soon to be Beta 3

thanks
No need to do it on ATV2, it already has latest that works.

Also update to Eden Beta 3;

apt-get update

apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Do any of these work outside canada
Just curious why there is no mtv canada support?

Otherwise great work!
Great work. Just donated a few bucks to buy you lunch.

Keep up the great work.
Is anyone having trouble with comedy network?

20:35:19 T:1040 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:35:19 T:1040 ERROR: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.canada.on.demand\default.py:3: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
import sha
20:35:20 T:1040 ERROR: DEBUG:root:XBMC VERSION: 11.0-BETA2 Git:20120120-f76c547
20:35:20 T:1040 NOTICE: .
20:35:20 T:1040 ERROR: DEBUG:root:Constructed Plugin {'querystring': 'show_id=8481&use_rtmp=0&Title=Conan&action=browse_show&Icon=C%3A%5CUsers%5CRandall%5CAppData%5CRoaming%5CXBMC%5Caddons%5Cplugin.video.canada.on.demand%5Cresources%5Cimages%5Cchannels%5Ccomedynetwork.png&remote_url=None&channel=comedynetwork&Thumb=C%3A%5CUsers%5CRandall%5CAppData%5CRoaming%5CXBMC%5Caddons%5Cplugin.video.canada.on.demand%5Cresources%5Cimages%5Cchannels%5Ccomedynetwork.png', 'db_conn': <sqlite3.Connection object at 0x11404B20>, 'args': {'show_id': '8481', 'Thumb': 'C:\\Users\\Randall\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand\\resources\\images\\channels\\comedynetwork.png', 'Title': 'Conan', 'remote_url': None, 'action': 'browse_show', 'Icon': 'C:\\Users\\Randall\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\plugin.video.canada.on.demand\\resources\\images\\channels\\comedynetwork.png', 'channel': 'comedynetwork', 'use_rtmp': '0'}, 'handle': 0, 'script_url': 'plugin://plugin.video.canada.on.demand/'}
20:35:20 T:1040 ERROR: DEBUG:root:FILE_CTIME: 1329794817.41
20:35:20 T:1040 ERROR: DEBUG:root:Using Cached: http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/AJAX/Vi...howID=8481
20:35:23 T:4712 ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't
Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank jedix and teefer22 for their work on this plugin in the past year. Both andrepl and myself have dropped the ball.

With Eden around the corner, I am willing to have another look at it.

1) The first and most obvious issue is with distribution. Andrepl chose a private server to host the repo and zip file meaning the plugin cannot auto-update without him re-uploading the new zip file. This model obviously doesn't work- i was thinking of hosting the zip file directly on github. Thoughts?

2) I have seen requests for more Franco content and some 'Canadian' US channels. Depending on what platform they use, this could be considered (being franco myself ;-)

I swept though this thread quickly- what are the major outstanding issues?
1) Adobe DRM - which channels are 100% broken until rtmp update?
2) which stream URLs have changed ?

Cheers
Is anyone else having issues with Food Network?

When I go into it, there are no shows listed. Just the '..' previous diretory.

Have they moved their shows?
renaudtrudel Wrote:Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank jedix and teefer22 for their work on this plugin in the past year. Both andrepl and myself have dropped the ball.

With Eden around the corner, I am willing to have another look at it.

1) The first and most obvious issue is with distribution. Andrepl chose a private server to host the repo and zip file meaning the plugin cannot auto-update without him re-uploading the new zip file. This model obviously doesn't work- i was thinking of hosting the zip file directly on github. Thoughts?

2) I have seen requests for more Franco content and some 'Canadian' US channels. Depending on what platform they use, this could be considered (being franco myself ;-)

I swept though this thread quickly- what are the major outstanding issues?
1) Adobe DRM - which channels are 100% broken until rtmp update?
2) which stream URLs have changed ?

Cheers

That sounds good, so is this plugin no longer being maintained already?

I have trouble with some discovery channel, history channel, and comedy network streams off the top of my head.
Ghostdivision Wrote:That sounds good, so is this plugin no longer being maintained already?

I have trouble with some discovery channel, history channel, and comedy network streams off the top of my head.

I guess you could say that; we found out very fast that the more channels we added:
1) the more requests for missing channels we got ;-)
2) the more URL churn from the providers became a pain to maintain.

I'll re-open this can of worms soon, so comments on what is broken and worth investigating first are welcome.
renaudtrudel Wrote:I guess you could say that; we found out very fast that the more channels we added:

I'll re-open this can of worms soon, so comments on what is broken and worth investigating first are welcome.

Could we get the 'play multiple clips' to work? Not a huge deal, but CTV has multiple clips for every show, and it would be nice to just click play once, instead of selecting a new video every few minutes.
Not a huge deal and for sure not something that needs top priority - just a question.
Thanks for the hard work on this, to the original creater and those who are going to take it on. This is a very good plugin.
renaudtrudel Wrote:I guess you could say that; we found out very fast that the more channels we added:

Jedix might jump in here at some point, but I'm quite sure he worked on the CityTV section and found that they are using a new DRM that's not possible to be played using librtmp yet.
cgraham Wrote:Could we get the 'play multiple clips' to work?
It's working no problem for me in Eden. Are you on Dharma?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11