• 27(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
Global and Food Network don't work all of a sudden. It was working fine last week. I can watch CTV still. And I have the Howlett version. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
(2012-04-14, 02:27)springroll Wrote: Global and Food Network don't work all of a sudden. It was working fine last week. I can watch CTV still. And I have the Howlett version. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Yes, similar experience here. I haven't tested them all in the last day, but Showcase and HGTV don't seem to be working. Discovery works for me. Seems to be the Shaw properties that are affected.
Enjoy the free ride, Bell's about to do something typically Bell...
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts...le2405422/
Just tried Global and Food Network again last night, still didn't work. What's weird is that Global News was working.
The few days when the streams don't work, I went on to Food Network Canada's website to try watching Top Chef Canada, and in fact, the video clips there weren't working either! I just tried it again today and the website seems to be working again, so who knows? Maybe via Canada On Demand, it might work again. I will try them when I get home.
Global and Food Network still don't work.

Global News is working, however.

I guess there's no more support on this add-on? Really love the work that was done on this add-on, it's too bad.

(2012-04-15, 15:56)WRCanuck Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 02:27)springroll Wrote: Global and Food Network don't work all of a sudden. It was working fine last week. I can watch CTV still. And I have the Howlett version. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Yes, similar experience here. I haven't tested them all in the last day, but Showcase and HGTV don't seem to be working. Discovery works for me. Seems to be the Shaw properties that are affected.

(2012-04-18, 15:49)springroll Wrote: Just tried Global and Food Network again last night, still didn't work. What's weird is that Global News was working.
The few days when the streams don't work, I went on to Food Network Canada's website to try watching Top Chef Canada, and in fact, the video clips there weren't working either! I just tried it again today and the website seems to be working again, so who knows? Maybe via Canada On Demand, it might work again. I will try them when I get home.

Just did some more testing: CBC and Slice do not work either.

I guess in addition to Shaw properties, CBC is a goner now too.

What do work: CTV, Discovery (and other Bell-owned properties)

What hasn't worked and continue to not work: CityTV

It's a sad day for Canadian XBMC users.

(2012-04-20, 19:53)springroll Wrote: Global and Food Network still don't work.

Global News is working, however.

I guess there's no more support on this add-on? Really love the work that was done on this add-on, it's too bad.

(2012-04-15, 15:56)WRCanuck Wrote:

(2012-04-18, 15:49)springroll Wrote: Just tried Global and Food Network again last night, still didn't work. What's weird is that Global News was working.

Listen up everyone. The writing is on the wall and so blatantly obvious even if you're a Canadian Sheeple you should see the obvious future in Canada.

Having had some work reviewed by the program director at Discovery Channel I decided to see if I could get his opinion on why streaming channels on the web is of such poor quality and now with the adaption of encrypted web streams they are essentially rendered non existent compared to other countries that offer HD streaming that we are locked out of.

His reply was essentially this in a nut shell.

Unless Canadians get so fed up that they actually start protesting our state of streaming media, cellular services and internet services the powers that be will continue to bleed more money out of the population and devise more ways to increase their grip on the market.

There are plans on offering HD streams in select places that have the back bone to carry it but only when they can be sure they can charge a fee for those streams because it is encrypted.

Discovery streams are encrypted and broken so they can force you to view on their terms. Eventually all channels in Canada will be forced into the same situation. Streaming media in Canada will be viewable only on the device they will allow you to view it on so long as it fits into their agenda to attach a fee for it without having to spend millions on backbone improvements.

Welcome to Canada.
Andre, hello, how difficult would it be to add some of the CTV 2 content, specifically the local stations once known as "A Channels"?
Thanks
Rusty
BTW, great add-on
I tried to address the issue with Andrepl directly and here's the response I received:
"Sorry guys, I have no time to work on it any more, I never really used it much anyhow, I only wrote it to fill the gap and hoped someone else would
take over. I tried to make the code as easy to work with as possible so it shouldn't be too hard. it sounds like the problem you're having with stuttering is something that can't be fixed from within the plugin anyway, its probably related to xbmc rtmp support."
I apprecaite his response and understand his position.
Anyone willing to give it a try fixing the problem with Shaw properties, CBC and dare I mention it, CityTV?
Problem solved, folks! Turned out the Shaw properties and CBC geoblock now; so if you have an US IP through DNS or Proxy, turn it off, and those channels would work again!
So I've got a strange problem trying to watch CTV Local News.

It works fine on my Ubuntu Linux box with Eden and COD 0.7.4 and it did work on my ATV2 with Eden and COD 0.7.4

It just stopped working... I have gone as far as completely uninstalling XBMC and all settings\prefs\databases and installing JUST COD.

The video will sometimes start to play, for 1 second, and kick back out with no error displayed.

Discovery works fine and a couple others..

Any ideas? Thanks!
EDIT: The same thing is happening for all "freecable" shows
I have the exact same problem as above poster mentioned, CTV is not working anymore (as of a couple days ago)... Sometimes I get about 1 second of video and that is all.

I know this plugin isn't be actively developed anymore, anyone having these issues?
"Sometimes I get about 1 second of video and that is all."

This issue seems to be XBMC related / Have the exact same issue on ESPN3 !
any thought ?
But it works perfectly fine for CTV and FreeCable networks on my non apple-tv box.

same for you?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11