• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)
Dan,

That's actually a really good lead.. I'm going to look into it tonight/this weekend.

pre-requisites are the video_id and player_id, i don't know how much those map into the JSON results of querying into brightcove but if they do- this is really good news.
if not, it's just a question of manual drill-down until we get the url with video_id and player_id.
Would there be a way to get CMT (Country Music TV) into this?
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
It looks like at least as of 10.1 (Dharma) that XBMC can load an external librtmp.so to fetch the rtmp[et]? streams.

This is good news, because recently, the rtmpdump team added something to librtmp that makes it work on those servers that previously wanted handshake type 9 (even though librtmp still only supports up to type 8 and really wants to use type 6). We can use this to make these streams work in the COD plugin. That fixes parts of The Comedy Network, and makes Much Music and Family.ca work immediately. It also opens the door for future Brightcove channels (like CityTV).

Here's how you make it work:

1. Remove your existing librtmp/rtmpdump
    On Ubuntu and Debian, this is accomplished with:
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get remove rtmpdump
  2. Install any development headers you need.
    On my HTPC, I was just missing libssl-dev:
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
  3. You may need to install subversion
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install subversion
  4. Download the latest svn rtmpdump.
    Code:
    $ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/rtmpdump/trunk rtmpdump
  5. Build and install rtmpdump
    Code:
    $ cd rtmpdump && make && sudo make install
  6. Re-cache library information.
    Code:
    $ sudo ldconfig
  7. Restart XBMC.
  8. Don't forget to go in to the plugin settings for COD and set the worst to show as "Bad" - they work now!

You're done. Go enjoy the Much Music and family.ca channels in your Canada on Demand plugin!

-Dan
Hey guys, awesome plugin here! So much content in one place i can't believe it!

Just had a quick question, if anyone else is trying this with a slower internet connection, what is a good bit rate to set in the options? Some of the channels play pretty well for me but some channels stop and go as it tries to buffer.

Any advice is appreciated Big Grin
metal_hed Wrote:Hey guys, awesome plugin here! So much content in one place i can't believe it!

Just had a quick question, if anyone else is trying this with a slower internet connection, what is a good bit rate to set in the options? Some of the channels play pretty well for me but some channels stop and go as it tries to buffer.

Any advice is appreciated Big Grin

Well, first of all, that setting only does anything with CanWest channels, if I recall correctly, so if you're having buffering problems elsewhere, there's not much you can do about it. If you're having trouble with CanWest, I'd try 700k to start and drop it more if you need to... I think 300k is about the minimum before shows start disappearing, but it has been a while since I checked, and at that bitrate, things are pretty unwatchable.

Good luck.

-Dan
Love this addon.
I may have some info that may help us non-Canada people watch. In Firefox if I use a proxy say "199.19.225.159:8080" I still can not watch slice but if I go to google search http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=slicet...=firefox-a first using that proxy and use the link that google gives me it works. Hope this helps. BTW that link came from the search in firefox, that is where it took me when I search slicetv.

Thanks
DazNoonan Wrote:Would there be a way to get CMT (Country Music TV) into this?

It's possible, but the website doesn't offer much in the way of browsing. you're limited to 'most popular videos', 'newest videos', genre's, and an artist search. I can't get even get a list of artists, so its not going to be great, but it'll offer everything the website does.
Awesome plug-in. I just got around to installing it the other day and watched a few shows on it already. It is amazing that on the two shows I watched (on Global) it even skipped the commercials and just played the video feed (vs. watching it online on their website).

Question (it may have been asked before but I haven't had a chance to read through all of the threads). Is it possible to someone "stack" streams? For example with FoodNetwork there are 4 parts of the shows I checked (I was checking with Chucks Day Off, I imagine it is set up the same for the others also). And, each part is set up in its own folder as well. So, there is a lot of clicking around to play all 4 parts. I don't know if other channels have the same set up but it would be great to be able to just hit play once and have it play through the whole episode.
lansing Wrote:Awesome plug-in. I just got around to installing it the other day and watched a few shows on it already. It is amazing that on the two shows I watched (on Global) it even skipped the commercials and just played the video feed (vs. watching it online on their website).

Question (it may have been asked before but I haven't had a chance to read through all of the threads). Is it possible to someone "stack" streams? For example with FoodNetwork there are 4 parts of the shows I checked (I was checking with Chucks Day Off, I imagine it is set up the same for the others also). And, each part is set up in its own folder as well. So, there is a lot of clicking around to play all 4 parts. I don't know if other channels have the same set up but it would be great to be able to just hit play once and have it play through the whole episode.

It's only possible with very new SVN Builds of XBMC, by enabling the 'Automatically Play All Clips' option in the addon settings. Doing this on Dharma 10.0 or 10.1 caused xbmc to freeze on both machines I tested it on, so don't enable the option unless you're running SVN32470 or better.

When the option IS enabled you may find that it causes some problems browsing certain channels (it will try to play an entire folder instead of letting you browse it) so you might have to switch the setting off for certain channels. we're working on sorting that out.

Edit: you can 'Queue' clips up so that they play all in a row, just choose 'Queue' from the context menu or press zero on the remote
many thanks!
Been enjoying the plug-in but I encountered a problem tonight. Once the plug-in updated to 0.4.1 CTV content disappeared - it seemed to be running great last night. I'm running 10.1 on Windows. Do I need a nightly build or the latest from svn for everything to work?

Thanks!
ytcterps Wrote:Been enjoying the plug-in but I encountered a problem tonight. Once the plug-in updated to 0.4.1 CTV content disappeared - it seemed to be running great last night. I'm running 10.1 on Windows. Do I need a nightly build or the latest from svn for everything to work?
Thanks!

Ah, very sorry about that, The channels aren't gone, they were flagged as 'Bad' by accident, so the addon is probably hiding them.. You can change your addon settings to show 'Bad' Channels or just get 0.4.3 where CTV has ben marked 'Good' again.
Thanks - I need to start getting into the code a bit!
andre_pl Wrote:It's possible, but the website doesn't offer much in the way of browsing. you're limited to 'most popular videos', 'newest videos', genre's, and an artist search. I can't get even get a list of artists, so its not going to be great, but it'll offer everything the website does.
Thanks for adding it... I will check it out now on my ATV2 Smile
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
BUG REPORT:

Since this weekend, a directory called "Hi!" appears in bookmarks that previously showed the proper episodes. Going into the proper channel (CTV, Global, etc...) indicates that the shows + episodes are actually there. So something messed up with the bookmarks.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties)11