Newbie - Question
dugan26 Wrote:i am pretty sure i did but i will double check tonight - I know I did the C and the I under the video option - i am not sure about if i did it in the movies section .. I found this thread - any thoughts to this?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...thumbnails

Well that thread mentions deleting the textures.db to refresh extra thumbs, so give it a try I guess.

Might have to turn on show hidden files in windows explorer to get to it, also might want to backup textures.db before you delete it. Nod
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
yea I will try the I first
then back up
then delete

thanks ...
Update:

Its not a good one ...

windows7 cannot find that file - does not exist - I / or C did not work -

checked on view hidden files as wellHuh

Anyone?

Trying to change thumbnails on view Aeon MQ2 4 thumbnail view Showcase some movies have 3 of the same thumbnails after setting up Ember to scrape for "extra thumb nails"

I have deleted them from Ember and from the source - seems as if XBMC is chache'ing them somewhere - tried to delete textures.db but could not even find that file ...

thanks in advance .... :o
dugan26 Wrote:Update:

Its not a good one ...

windows7 cannot find that file - does not exist - I / or C did not work -

checked on view hidden files as wellHuh

Anyone?

Trying to change thumbnails on view Aeon MQ2 4 thumbnail view Showcase some movies have 3 of the same thumbnails after setting up Ember to scrape for "extra thumb nails"

I have deleted them from Ember and from the source - seems as if XBMC is chache'ing them somewhere - tried to delete textures.db but could not even find that file ...

thanks in advance .... :o

If you are in windows 7:

open up windows explorer at:
>organization>folder and search options>view>show hidden files

textures.db can be found on my computer at:

users>terry>app data>roaming>xbmc>userdata>database
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
dude you rock

for some reason when i search - wind7 cannot find - even when i enable show hidden files and folders ... when browsing to it - it was there?

i know - how bazzar ?

anyway seems like it is working now thumbs have changed ...
dugan26 Wrote:dude you rock

for some reason when i search - wind7 cannot find - even when i enable show hidden files and folders ... when browsing to it - it was there?

i know - how bazzar ?

anyway seems like it is working now thumbs have changed ...

I can confirm that deleting textures.db (which is a hidden file) and then restarting xbmc will refersh all the extrathumbs folders. Smile
sorry for going on and on here- by the way confirmed here too that did work (what you said)

Question- when the old "extra thumbnails" kept showing up: After I deleted them from Ember - where in XBMC are they being stored? or are they being stored somewhere else? Does that .db file link to that area? can i open that in notepad or something to take a look at the path maybe? thoughts?
TCMAN47 -

I did this by accident - was this what your talking about? to see the trailer in window mode? Mine goes direct to full screen however just clicking the backspace brings it back into window mode ... I guess you might be looking for it to default to window mode?

dugan26 Wrote:TCMAN47 -

I did this by accident - was this what your talking about? to see the trailer in window mode? Mine goes direct to full screen however just clicking the backspace brings it back into window mode ... I guess you might be looking for it to default to window mode?

Yep, that's what I was referring to as trailers in windowed mode, which is what I want and that's what I get.

Not interested in seeing trailers full screen, unless they are all 1080P, they don't look the hottest in my opinion.

TC
How can you get Ember to download trailers locally? In the "Scrape Media" drop-down menu the "Trailers only" option is greyed out.

Under Settings > Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers I have ticked "Enable Trailer Support", "Get During Automated Scrapers" and "Get During Single Scrape", however when I scan all my movies no trailers are downloaded.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
oxyris Wrote:How can you get Ember to download trailers locally? In the "Scrape Media" drop-down menu the "Trailers only" option is greyed out.

Under Settings > Movies > Scrapers - Images & Trailers I have ticked "Enable Trailer Support", "Get During Automated Scrapers" and "Get During Single Scrape", however when I scan all my movies no trailers are downloaded.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

From what I understand trailer scraping in Ember Media Manager is broken.

I manually downloaded the trailers for my 140 movies mostly from youtube using the youtube video downloaded add-on in firefox, works a charm.

when downloaded simply name the trailer the exact same name as your movie for example:

movie is The Dark Knight - 2008.mkv
trailer is The Dark Knight - 2008-trailer.mp4

then after the trailer is dropped into the movie folder you need to go into xbmc, bring up movie info screen (I button) for that movie and hit the reload button.

TC
tcman47 Wrote:From what I understand trailer scraping in Ember Media Manager is broken.

I manually downloaded the trailers for my 140 movies mostly from youtube using the youtube video downloaded add-on in firefox, works a charm.

when downloaded simply name the trailer the exact same name as your movie for example:

movie is The Dark Knight - 2008.mkv
trailer is The Dark Knight - 2008-trailer.mp4

then after the trailer is dropped into the movie folder you need to go into xbmc, bring up movie info screen (I button) for that movie and hit the reload button.

TC

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie - Question0