DHCP/Network Problems
Run the following command and post back:
lshw -C Network

When you tried static IP did it work when you restarted the network service?
Also - when you reinstalled did you have it wipe the drive and start over completely? If you're not positive you could run XBMCLive from the CD which should tell us something.

Manually starting the service and getting it to work tells us that hardware/network wise pretty much everything is working.
Yeah, REstarting the service gives me a working connection so it would be safe to assume my nic/cable aren't borked. By the way, i did a full drive wipe when re-installing XBMC, 100% positive. So here is my lshw -C Network output:

Code:
*-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:04:00.0
       logical name: eth0
       version: 03
       serial: bc:ae:c5:8f:6f:0e
       size: 10MB/s
       capacity: 1GB/s
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list rom etherne physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversin=2.3LK-NAPI duplex=full ip=192.168.1.111 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes portMII speed=10MB/s
       resources: irq:26 ioport:e800(size=256) memory:f8fff000-f8ffffff(prefetcable) memory:f8ff8000-f8ffbfff(prefetchable) memory:fbff0000-fbffffff(prefetchale)
I'll take a look at the results on one of my boxes when I get home.

size: 10MB/s
capacity: 1GB/s

looks interesting.
Probably because it's malfunctioning, i can see an orange led on my nic blink every few seconds. Really curious what this might turn out!
Does anyone else have an idea Sad?
Bump.

I finally had some time to try a few some things and after googling and trying my ass off, i still can't it to work.

* It is not a hardware or driver issue. The Live CD works like a charm, only after installing it to the HDD my problem begins.

* If I reboot the system it gets no ip asigned on eth0. I have to manually run /etc/init.d/networking restart, in order for the internet to work, after that it works flawlessly.

I'm still completely at a loss, i've tried pretty much everything and still can't get it to work! Can anyone help?
Flerpje Wrote:* If I reboot the system it gets no ip asigned on eth0. I have to manually run /etc/init.d/networking restart, in order for the internet to work, after that it works flawlessly.

Try to add some delay to fetching address.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2...ostcount=7
Unfortonately, this didn't fix it Sad
Google finds others with same problem, not good answer though. Maybe some ethtool setting could help.

Code:
ethtool -s eth0 wol g

Enabling wol will keep card powered after shutdown.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DHCP/Network Problems0