a thought on file share network issues...
thankfully, i've only experienced buffering issues occasionally, but, with the common occurrence of this problem with other people, i've been thinking about possible causes. so far, everyone would like to think that it's a problem between the ATV2 and the router, or wireless networks, or other similar issues.. but what if we're looking at it the wrong way?

what if it's that the ATV2 is waiting for the server to send data? all of the buffering issues i've had have been while i was in the middle of ripping a DVD to the same drive i'm playing from, or while a internet intensive program has been running (file downloads, torrents, or any other constant network chatter, IE facebook, or chat programs). even NAS storage, if it's trying to be written to, while ATV is requesting a read, will not perform at it's peak. so, for everyone who is having these issues, i think we need to look more deeply into what could be the problem, even so far as to question SATA vs PATA vs external, secondary drive vs primary, etc., to be able to try to pinpoint the culprit of this issue.

thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a thought on file share network issues...0