• 3(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification
Does the mixed playlist stay in the mixed folder, or do I need to move it to the video folder?

Edit:I have left the mixed playlist in the mixed folder, and it appears to working now.

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Does the mixed playlist stay in the mixed folder, or do I need to move it to the video folder?

Edit:I have left the mixed playlist in the mixed folder, and it appears to working now.

Thanks,
Mark

It doesn't matter. The script copies everything over to the presets folder and that is where they are turned into channel m3u files which are created in the cache folder. What you watch is driven by the m3u files.
Dob1eman Wrote:Has a standalone addon TV Time is excellent really good work. Smile

Has for the sort of content to be added without being added to tv library or movies I was thinking of stuff such as recorded football matches, the odd quiz show or one of documentary for the stuff the scraper dont like or want to add to the library.

Also it would be cool to add custom videos between movies saying something such has you are watching the horror movie channel not to unsimilar to the cinema experience script, these sort of very short videos would not be added to the library, also feature videos about how a movie was made or trailers could also be included.

Has for the EPG data cant having a custom made nfo with the videos work has a way for the EPG to show the relevant information with what's showing. I obviously don't know if such a thing is possible has I have no knowledge of how to make a script/addon just saying what I think would be a cool feature.

I'll look into it, but I need to see what is causing the script not to work on Linux systems first. Don't let me forget.
I have just a general question about this script, and PseudoTV also. I think I understand what it's supposed to do, but just to be sure, am I correct in assuming that this is aimed at people who like to just have something on the TV? In other words, if I only watch my media intentionally, am I right that this script really isn't for me?
theophile Wrote:I have just a general question about this script, and PseudoTV also. I think I understand what it's supposed to do, but just to be sure, am I correct in assuming that this is aimed at people who like to just have something on the TV? In other words, if I only watch my media intentionally, am I right that this script really isn't for me?

Yes this is more cable like in nature with a mix of channels all playing something from your content. What i've found is that, due to an extensive library of stuff, sometimes older stuff gets less viewed. Pseudo TV is the no.1 addon on our xbmc at the moment and everyone loves it.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
BTW Jtucker i'm linux based as well, so the debug logs i submitted are for that platform.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
For those running Linux, can you try the latest version 1.0.2 which has some additional debug logging added. I am trying to figure out why it is not working on Linux. Hopefully the additional debug information will help me narrow down the issue.
I am fairly new to the XBMC world. I started using it 1 month ago when I bought an apple TV 2. I am unfamiliar with SmartPlaylists. Is anyone here using TV Time or Pseudo TV with an apple TV 2? After much excitement, I am beginning to think that this addon will only work in a desktop type platform. Can someone enlighten me or point me to a thread that disusses using SmartPlaylists in atv2?
Jtucker, the error is somewhere in overlay (I think) I copied one by one, the files into the lib folder after replacing them with pseudotv files first. It all worked until then.
EDIT: Also the new version still stops with the same data added to the log as before.
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote:Jtucker, the error is somewhere in overlay (I think) I copied one by one, the files into the lib folder after replacing them with pseudotv files first. It all worked until then.
EDIT: Also the new version still stops with the same data added to the log as before.

version 1.0.3 has some additional debugging added to the Overlay.py file. Hopefully this will capture more information. Please make sure that only TV Time files are in the script.tvtime folder. No need to copy over with PseudoTV.
jtucker1972 Wrote:version 1.0.3 has some additional debugging added to the Overlay.py file. Hopefully this will capture more information. Please make sure that only TV Time files are in the script.tvtime folder. No need to copy over with PseudoTV.

Yea that's what I was running. I just figured since it still wouldn't work, I'd try something that did.
Nothing to see here....
Is it possible to add the channel bug on this? Only thing that`s missing!! Love your presets dudeBig Grin
Quote:My question is why wouldn't this folder be scanned into XBMC so that XBMC parsers can pull the metadata for it and it would be accessible via the smartplaylists?

As the other person said, sometimes things can't get scraped or very hard to scrape so having it just play from a folder would be nice. It doesn't need to show any meta data other than just the file name.
It's not the prettiest but sometimes that's all that is available. i.e. kids cartoons, random documentaries, crap I don't want in the library.

Will still install this as PseudoTV is a hit at home so this should even be better.
a.
--------
Win/ATV2/RaspBMC | MySQL | XBMC
I have the same problem as the others with the channels running linux. This is mainly a "me too" post so I can subscribe to the thread.
JackieBrown Wrote:I have the same problem as the others with the channels running linux. This is mainly a "me too" post so I can subscribe to the thread.

The more debug logs I can get the better. I've tried to add a lot of extra logging to find where it is stopping at, but until I get the debug logs I can't go any farther.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon - A PseudoTV Modification0