Primary and secondary scraper support?
Is it possible to add primary and secodary scraper support?
So when a movie doesn't exist at tmdb xbmc automaticly search imdb and vice versa? Of course this should apply for tv-series too.
Sort of - the fallback is based on language or something I think. It never worked all that well so was removed.

The problem is, ofcourse, that not only does it complicate the UI, but it also leads to the inevitable "but I only want it to fallback in _foo_ circumstances", "I also want it to fallback to a third scraper...", "...but only if X, Y, and Z are satisfied".

i.e. one hits diminishing returns very quickly.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is for XBMC to automatically try more than one scraper, based on some sensible heirarchy, and choose the best match.

The tricky bits are:
1. What is a "sensible heirarchy" - clearly it would need to be language dependent for a start.
2. What is a "best match" - this is tricky, as it depends not only on the quality of the match itself (i.e. how close the matched title + year + language is), but also on the quality of the data that would result from that match - no point using scraper X if all it gives you is the plot.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Primary and secondary scraper support?0