Batch re-read NFO files without losing watched etc.
ok interesting, its a start, going to try!
OK tested it:

...it does screw up the latest added information... and that's the most important to me

There should be a function that ONLY re-reads info files, WITHOUT changing latest added/playcount/watched status etc

Hope it gets added on someones to-do-list Smile

No hurry, thx!
The screw-up of recently added will not happen anymore once my "dateAdded" stuff goes into XBMC after Eden has been released. It will also be stored in file level (same as playcount) so you more or less might get the requested behaviour as described by jmarshall once that extra logic for date added is stored/handled.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:The screw-up of recently added will not happen anymore once my "dateAdded" stuff goes into XBMC after Eden has been released. It will also be stored in file level (same as playcount) so you more or less might get the requested behaviour as described by jmarshall once that extra logic for date added is stored/handled.

Well that sounds promising! You're way ahead of us Wink Thx!

Single-press re-read would be the next step..

Thx again, LoL
+2
Would be very happy to have a "Reread whole library"
Yes, a single option "Refresh Library" that updates the library by reading all the updated NFO content, that is available both in the UI, and also via the HTTP JSON interfaces would be very very welcome.
Even better would be if it actively watched directories, and whenever an .nfo changed updated automatically... or a "Refresh updated library" option that only refreshes the items where the .nfo has been modified since last read.
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
@Phantom_Zone: You missunderstood: My point was it has nothing at all to do with mysql. Regardless of whether you're using mysql or sqlite, XBMC ensures that your playcount is not erased during the db cleaning of a source done as described in my post above. Obviously that information is kept in the db.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This would be great!
jmarshall Wrote:@Phantom_Zone: You missunderstood: My point was it has nothing at all to do with mysql. Regardless of whether you're using mysql or sqlite, XBMC ensures that your playcount is not erased during the db cleaning of a source done as described in my post above. Obviously that information is kept in the db.

Cheers,
Jonathan

yea I did...it was late Rofl

Cheers!
This sounds very promising. If I read it right, it is already possible to update all movies with keeping the watched-tags through a few clicks. A simple script should allow to automate it?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
LoL Wrote:Single-press re-read would be the next step..

Yep...this one!
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Signed! Would love to see this much needed feature pleeeease.
Oh man, I just reached a point where having this feature would rock so hard. Hope someone smarter than I can come up with this solution.
(2012-03-06, 23:51)clock2113 Wrote: Even better would be if it actively watched directories, and whenever an .nfo changed updated automatically... or a "Refresh updated library" option that only refreshes the items where the .nfo has been modified since last read.

This sounds like a great idea. I try to keep everything updated with the latest ratings and info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Batch re-read NFO files without losing watched etc.3