I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) No route to host
I installed the remote application on my Nexus One. Incredibly impressed, I mean really. Then bamm !! without warning..

I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) No route to host

This keeps on coming up.

I tried
reinstalling the app
rebooting XBMC
changing the port

No luck, still the same.
Unless you know what you are doing with your router, you're going to require wifi to be connected to be able to access your xbmc host.

Trying to connect to an internal address while you're not connected locally (wifi) might produce an error such as you're describing.
Well, it will, the only reason I say might is, I have no knowledge of how android or the xbmc remote might react. But its probably your problem.
That probably means your Android network stack is confused. Try enabling/disabling WiFi on your Android device.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
ok. thanks this did work.
Sorry to bump a thread that is this old. But why create a new thread for the same issue?

I have tried mention steps above to solve this issue, but failed to do so.

I am trying to connect via Wi-Fi to my PC (Windows 7 x64).
I have my settings the exact same as the Wiki page instructed.
I opened the correct ports on my router and made sure nothing else is running through that port.

Anymore suggestions?

Thank you.
Tongue 
I changed my static IP..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) No route to host0