• 40(current)
[RELEASE] World News Live (Al Jazeera, CSPAN, CNN)
(2017-06-10, 10:32)jmh2002 Wrote: I repeat, I watch France24 live news video stream every morning via YouTube.

You dont need to subscribe to anything - in fact, DON'T do this, its why you get all the short news clips in My Subscriptions.

Go to YouTube > Search > France24 > and choose exactly FRANCE 24 Live - International breaking News & Top stories - 24/7 stream

(its the 3rd result on the search list for me, at the moment)

Then as I said, simply add it to Kodi as a Favourite, as a Super Favourite, to your Skin, to your Home Screen, etc.

Personally I have France24 directly on my home screen for instant daily access, and then my other news channels I have in a folder which I created with Super Favourites (changed the icon to the world news live one, because I like it Wink ) and after added to this folder to the home screen too.

So for example you could combine news streams from different addons (YouTube, Pluto.TV, etc) into this one folder so that all your news is together in one place. This is what I do.

EuroNews is there on YouTube too, follow the same procedure, choose "euronews LIVE" and check that it is the english stream, because it is available in multiple languages.

Hope this helps Smile Nod

NB: As far as the popular international english news channels are concerned, the following are all available as a free live stream on YouTube:

Al Jazeera, BBC, Bloomberg, EuroNews, France 24, Deutsche Welle, Sky News

I found it easiest to search for them via YouTube on the web, add them to a playlist first, but you can also do it directly via Kodi as I described above.

OMFG... I finally got around to following your brilliantly simple instructions and just added France24 just like you said. It's on now.

I can't believe it was *that* easy... :-O

Thank you so much for teaching me how to do that. Your instructions were immensely helpful!
Pleased that it helped you, and hopefully some other users here too Nod

Don't forget to click the Thank User button at the bottom of my posts please... Wink
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Odd thing about the Euronews stream on YouTube.... You can't get the English language live stream in the US.... but all the other languages are available.

I'm used to YouTube censoring things for stupid reasons, but that has to be one of their worst examples.

Great suggestion with the combination of YouTube & Super Favorites to create a custom "replacement" for the World News Live addon!
(2017-06-19, 19:14)Nostrodamus Wrote: Odd thing about the Euronews stream on YouTube.... You can't get the English language live stream in the US.... but all the other languages are available.

I'm used to YouTube censoring things for stupid reasons, but that has to be one of their worst examples.

Yes- I noticed that too. I thought it was me just not looking in the right place. Undecided
(2017-06-19, 19:14)Nostrodamus Wrote: Odd thing about the Euronews stream on YouTube.... You can't get the English language live stream in the US.... but all the other languages are available.

Great suggestion with the combination of YouTube & Super Favorites to create a custom "replacement" for the World News Live addon!

Maybe it's Euronews doing the censoring? I can't find a live feed of the BBC news either.
It is not YouTube Censoring it. It is also not being censored, per se, but is geo-blocked because EuroNews is produced solely as U.S. Govt. propaganda. Its intent is to gain the hearts and minds of other people, in countries heavily occupied by our military (primarily Nato members, hence the seemingly benign name). It's our equivalent of RT, which is really the Russian equivalent of Euro news, since Euronews came first. There are U.S. laws, preventing our government from pressing U.S. propaganda over our own people, intended to prevent oppression of U.S. citizens by our military, as well as administrations that enjoy a tendency toward power-mongering... So much for that theory. Rolleyes
The BBC News English version has always been geo-blocked, though back doors have always been found. The BBC version that airs on PBS, and any other BBC news productions aired in the U.S. are state-department pre-approved or redacted.
(2017-06-19, 23:28)hannanne Wrote: It is not YouTube Censoring it. It is also not being censored, per se, but is geo-blocked because EuroNews is produced solely as U.S. Govt. propaganda. Its intent is to gain the hearts and minds of other people, in countries heavily occupied by our military (primarily Nato members, hence the seemingly benign name). It's our equivalent of RT, which is really the Russian equivalent of Euro news, since Euronews came first. There are U.S. laws, preventing our government from pressing U.S. propaganda over our own people, intended to prevent oppression of U.S. citizens by our military, as well as administrations that enjoy a tendency toward power-mongering... So much for that theory. Rolleyes
The BBC News English version has always been geo-blocked, though back doors have always been found. The BBC version that airs on PBS, and any other BBC news productions aired in the U.S. are state-department pre-approved or redacted.

Hmmmm, interesting conversation...

I happen to like RT, but I am under no illusions as to it's veracity being it's Kremlin funded.

I figure if I watch enough different news outlets from all over the world, plus some US ones, that maybe I'll get a total of maybe 10% of the actual truth about a story or subject... lol

Sucks about the geo-blocking. I may have to look into a VPN or proxy one of these days...
I guess you could call it the Chrome Curtain, since Iron Curtain is takenWink
(2017-06-20, 00:09)hannanne Wrote: I guess you could call it the Chrome Curtain, since Iron Curtain is takenWink

lol :-)
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] World News Live (Al Jazeera, CSPAN, CNN)6