[Live] Sound Issues via HDMI
I've trolled through the forums trying to find a way to fix an issue that I'm having with my GT430.

Please forgive my understanding of sound encoding as I'm still learning the ins and outs.

It seems that any files that I have encoded with dolby digital or any other surround will not play. In one case if I switch the sound to analog, then I will hear music, but the voices are gone.

Notes on system that might help trouble shoot:
I followed Temar's guide on setting up sound via HDMI on page 4 of " Zotac GT430 Zone anyone?"
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84223&page=4

I've got the HDMI from the GT430 plugged into my Samsung TV and toslink from the TV to my receiver. The motherboard has no audio out, and this is the only way that I've derived how to get digital sound to my receiver until I get a new one (I don't have the extra $ around at the moment.)

If there is more information needed, let me know and I'll add it to this post.

I'll get the aplay -l and -L posted here momentarily for perusal as well.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I had similar issues and found the following of some help....

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1668173

It still only starts up with sound approximately 75% of the time (so no auto-boot into XBMC as yet), but see if you can glean any info from the link

Cheers
@kinmad - I reviewed the forum link you posted, and have installed the ppas mentioned but i think after following Temar's guide, my setups a bit different.

Below is my aplay -l and -L

xbmc@HTPC:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
xbmc@HTPC:~$ aplay -L
null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
hdmi:CARD=NVidia
HDA NVidia, HDMI 0
HDMI Audio Output

Thanks folks...
Sorry.
I ran the following command to see if I could get any sound at all:

speaker-test -Dplughw:0,3 -c6 -r19200 -FS32_LE

But the only sound that came out was from the front right and left speakers. This doesn't make much sense to me as the Blue Ray player I'm using is connected the same way and I don't have issue with the sound.

Again, the MP3 and aac movies work fine so far as the sound is concerned, but the Dolby and DTS movies do not put out any sound. When I change to analog instead of hdmi, the right an left speakers work, but that's all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Sound Issues via HDMI0