Problem with custom menus/submenus - favourites
Hi

I have created three custom menus, one for my children movies (smart playlists favourites), one for my my own movies (allso smart playlists favourites) and one for emulators/roms (launched by advanced launcher addon) in four diferent submenus(nes, snes, N64 and PSX).

The clue is, when I click at the nes submenu, the psx favourite is the one who pops up. If I try to remap the submenus, the problem just moves to one of the other submenus. Ive even experienced that one of the favourites did start when i hit the original mapped "programs" button. Then I had to delete the favourite who was launched and the advanced launcher item who was fovourited (not the plugin).

I have 20 favourites out of 20 possible in my favourite list, if that is relevant info.

Do you have any clue what causes this? Help is much appreciated...

Here is the logs, wasnt sure which one you need, so I posted bothSmile

xbmc log: http://pastebin.com/65TP5Lu7

xbmc.old log: http://pastebin.com/HbkUqZXF
this one may be difficult to sort out, but we'll try anyway.

i've just reviewed all related code in the skin, but didn't spot any issues...

so let's move on to the Debug Log. here's the relevant part:
Quote:#
11:49:28 T:1952 M:914403328 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating $INFO[Skin.String(Menu_Custom3_Sub_Custom1_Path)]
#
11:49:28 T:1952 M:914358272 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?launcherID3,return)
#
11:49:29 T:1952 M:913715200 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?launcherID3)
#
11:49:29 T:1952 M:913715200 DEBUG: ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?launcherID3/]
#
11:49:29 T:1952 M:913702912 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin Advanced Launcher('plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/','0','?launcherID3')
#
11:49:29 T:1952 M:913702912 INFO: initializing python engine.
#
11:49:29 T:1952 M:913702912 DEBUG: new python thread created. id=3
#
11:49:29 T:3880 M:911695872 NOTICE: Launcher: found 5 launchers
#
11:49:30 T:3880 M:912601088 NOTICE: Launcher: launcherID3 : found 1 roms
#
11:49:30 T:1952 M:912556032 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
#
11:49:30 T:3880 M:912556032 INFO: Scriptresult: Success

this tells me you've clicked on the first submenu item in the third custom menu, correct?
and it's mapped to the launcherID3 item of the launcher plugin, right?

is it always the nes item that's giving you issues?
you say if you remap the submenus, the problem moves,
but is it still the nes item or are you now getting an issue with a different item?

could you make sure that launcherID3 is really the nes item ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi ronie, and thanks for your reply.

Now ive deleted all the launcher items and their favourites, made new launchers, new favourites and mapped all the custom buttons from scratch.

I dont know what Ive done right this time, but now all my menus working as they shouldSmile I take up this post if the problem appears again.

Btw, is it possible to add more than twenty favourites?

Quote:could you make sure that launcherID3 is really the nes item ?

If this issue appears again, how do I make this sure?

Thanks again!
joeranjensen Wrote:Btw, is it possible to add more than twenty favourites?

Thanks again!

yes, i've recently increased it to 50 in the svn version of the skin.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:yes, i've recently increased it to 50 in the svn version of the skin.

oki, but ive experienced that the svn version crashed now and then, so I prefer your stable version, even if I would love to have all the svn featuresSmile Is there a way to easily increase the amount in the stable skin?

Sorry if im a pain in your ass, with all these questionsBlush
joeranjensen Wrote:oki, but ive experienced that the svn version crashed now and then, so I prefer your stable version, even if I would love to have all the svn featuresSmile Is there a way to easily increase the amount in the stable skin?

you'd have to copy this code to custom_DialogFavourites.xml
ronie Wrote:you'd have to copy this code to custom_DialogFavourites.xml

TY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with custom menus/submenus - favourites0