How do I make PVR Work?
Hi Guys

Im not sure if I am posting in the correct section, but i would like to try and install PVR function on XBMC, I have downloaded Cirrus extended, and also myth TV, however my problems seems to be setting up myth TV, I have set up country UK and also user name and password, where I come unstuck,is it tells me it could not connect to the database please verify your database settings. Really need a how to if someone can give some pointers it would be appreciated. Running win7 32 bit, I would like to build a dedicated HTPC with PVR, if this is the case would you recommend an ion board if so what TV card would you use

Paul
I think you'll get an answer quicker if you ask it on myth's own forums.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
In order to get PVR working, you must first get MythTV working. Once MythTV-Frontend is able to watch TV, then you start working on getting XBMC to start watching TV. It is easiest with MythTV V0.24/V0.23 to use MythBox plugin for XBMC. XBMC does have inbuilt support for a source like Myth://127.0.0.1 as well, but I've found that MythBox does it better.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
Btw... Windows7 is a horrible choice for MythTV and XBMC. Go with Linux.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
I want to try it first on win 7, i have confgured it all but the final problem I seem to have is in xbmcit tells me that no pvr clients please check your settings or backend i have checked and according to previous post it all looks ok, what do you think? By the way has anybody seen unbuntu bionacle

Paul
did you configure and enable the addon in xbmc?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Yes when I go to the home screen i have live tv, and in addons under pvr i seleceted mediaportal pvr client FFmpeg) I have checked tv server and installed all the freeview channels and can view them in mediaportal but cant access anything in xbmc all i get is that error, but looking at it now do I need to configure the my sql 5.1 in anyway??

Paul
You have xbmc tv server plugin enabled ? You've done all as described in scintilla's how to? What kind of error you're talking about?
i reinstalled mediaportal in case it was something i did wrong, but now when i go to configure tv server configuration my sql pops up and i have a choice between microsoft sql server and my sql server then it asks me for user id and password, i have put in my username i use to log into my computer and the default password but i keep getting an error, is there a way to get round this.I think that is what the problem is. sorry for being a pest

paul
Must be the Database connection which is wrong host name which is my pc name. Dependency is. MYSQL5. Schema name is Mp Tv Db. Database Logon, user id is Root, and Password I would have thought is my logon password, but also tried the default MediAPortal, then i hit test it tells me unable to connect to any of the specified MY SQL hosts, I have two options when i enter this NE SMicrosoft Sql Server the other is MY SQL does not matter which one both give me the same error

Paul
I not having much luck. What would you regard as the best way to install pvr function not going to use windows, I think I would go live route but if someone could point me in the direction of good guide, I have looked on the forum, and there seem to be many options, any pointers appreciated

Paul
There seems to be no clear step by step setup.
Each package seems to have it's own issues.
Did you get passed the Mysql login problems?

I finnally got my win7 mediaportal backend going.
Got past the mysql problems.
Found this forum, and the latest xbmc pvr release.
Got the mediaportal ffmeg plugin to work.
Now working on the scheduler and xmltv.
Still can't get the record button to work, but step by step I'm getting there.

Where are you stuck, or did you give up?
I'm trying to get a new Windows 7 Ultimate 64 system setup for PVR also.

After installing MediaPortal, and going through the Configuring TV-server, I'm stuck at the MySql test also. I get the "Host 'mywindowsmachine' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server" error message.

Thinking I may need to do the GRANT commands...

mysql -u root
UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = PASSWORD('mediaportal') WHERE User = 'root';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mediaportal';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
exit

Not sure, have to wait till tonight to try again.

I did download mysql-essential-5.1.56-winx64 instead of the 5.1.38 that media portal was trying to download during installd (kept hanging...) is this my problem?

Any input appreciated.
Uninstalled and re-installed everything. When configuring the TV Server this time, i didn't even see that same window. Got live tv working in XBMC now, still need to get the EPG going. Hopefully more time to play this evening...
sorry, can't help you with mediaportal, only with xbmc-pvr itself or the tvheadend addon.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I make PVR Work?0