Cinema Experience
Is it possible to keep the 'Movies' button going to the regular library, but a submenu button going to the 'Cinema Experience' version?

I tried adding a submenu button with the script as a favourite, but that doesn't work.
Tomkun Wrote:Is it possible to keep the 'Movies' button going to the regular library, but a submenu button going to the 'Cinema Experience' version?

I tried adding a submenu button with the script as a favourite, but that doesn't work.

What command are you using to activate the script from a submenu?
I set it as a favourite, then used the options for a custom submenu item in the transparency skin. I don't know which command it's using as I'm not at home at the moment.

What would be the correct command to use?
the easiest way to proceed would be:
1) exit xbmc
2) open guisettings.xml (it's in your userdata folder)
search the file for 'cinema' untill you find a line like this:
<setting type="string" name="skin.transparency.menu_movies_sub_custom6_path">RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</setting>
change it to:
<setting type="string" name="skin.transparency.menu_movies_sub_custom6_path">RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movietitles)</setting>
3) save the file and start xbmc
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, Ronie.

I finally worked that out for myself, using a rather tortuous route, but it's nice for the clarification that I was doing the right thing!

As an aside, I added this to my pronto remote via eventghost and it works really well. The only trouble is the window at the top with the instructions for queueing. As I don't use a keyboard or a remote with number buttons, I don't really like it and have removed it. At the moment however, it is the only way to distinguish whether or not the script is running. All this is really just a long winded way for me to ask...

Can the Cinema Browser have a different view to the regular library?

And by the way, thanks Ronie. This is far and away my favourite skin. I've tried many others but I always come back to this one.
Tomkun Wrote:As an aside, I added this to my pronto remote via eventghost and it works really well. The only trouble is the window at the top with the instructions for queueing. As I don't use a keyboard or a remote with number buttons, I don't really like it and have removed it. At the moment however, it is the only way to distinguish whether or not the script is running. All this is really just a long winded way for me to ask...

if it's just the notification at the top you'd like to see removed,
than no, that's not possible. it's triggered by the addon and the skin has no control over it.

if it's other changes to the view layout you're looking for, that would be technically possible if the addon would provide a way
for the skin to check if it's running or not (by setting a window property).

not that i'm interested in creating different views for different addons btw. :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I didn't mean for you to create a new view, rather I would like 'fanart' for the regular movie library and 'wall' for the cinema experience.

Would that be possible by doing what you said? I don't understand the ins and outs of skinning, but I can go over to the cinema experience thread and ask about window properties.
Tomkun Wrote:I didn't mean for you to create a new view, rather I would like 'fanart' for the regular movie library and 'wall' for the cinema experience.

Would that be possible by doing what you said? I don't understand the ins and outs of skinning, but I can go over to the cinema experience thread and ask about window properties.

well, you can switch to wall view when cinema experience is running, so i may not understand what you're asking?

have it switch automatically to wall view?
that won't be possible at all, i'm afraid.
Yeah, I had hoped it could switch automatically. Never mind though. Thanks for your help anyway!
Question 
Can Anyone tell what im doing wrong? cant seem to get intros & trivia & other stuff to play before my main movie; I Have Been to; settings>skin settings>Scripts>Show CE in movie info... toggle that ON, and still nothing happens ( I am running Transparency with the Cinema Experience add on) oh by the way i have pressed that flim projector icon and nothing happens period.
jaydogg2424 Wrote:Can Anyone tell what im doing wrong? cant seem to get intros & trivia & other stuff to play before my main movie; I Have Been to; settings>skin settings>Scripts>Show CE in movie info... toggle that ON, and still nothing happens ( I am running Transparency with the Cinema Experience add on) oh by the way i have pressed that flim projector icon and nothing happens period.

Please don't hi-jack a thread and please post in Cinema Experience's thread -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563
(2011-03-24, 13:27)Tomkun Wrote: Thanks, Ronie.

I finally worked that out for myself, using a rather tortuous route, but it's nice for the clarification that I was doing the right thing!

As an aside, I added this to my pronto remote via eventghost and it works really well. The only trouble is the window at the top with the instructions for queueing. As I don't use a keyboard or a remote with number buttons, I don't really like it and have removed it. At the moment however, it is the only way to distinguish whether or not the script is running. All this is really just a long winded way for me to ask...

And by the way, thanks Ronie. This is far and away my favourite skin. I've tried many others but I always come back to this one.

I realize that this is an extremely old post but I'm trying to do the same thing and can't get it working. Wondering if you had any tips?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinema Experience0