• 5(current)
Release The Big Pictures
Desisuperman Wrote:Awesome Addon!

Is it possible to have these pictures randomly displayed in the backround of our home menu when we scroll to 'Pictures'. Sort of like how we use fanart to display backround for Music, Movies.. If so this would great!

Thanks.

Yes, something like this is theoretical possible. This addon is a script and a plugin at once. This means, that it is possible to access its content from inside a skin via its plugin path. Same with screensaver. Unfortunately you can't choose the needed path via the GUI of the screensaver addon or the skin-settings.

If you know what you are doing you can set something like "plugin://script.image.bigpictures/?scraper_id=0" as picture path (with editing the needed xml-files).

However, I will create a howto for users and skinners (if they are interested) when I have more time.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I'm away from my xbmc and I can't check but do you support interactive images like this set:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/...er/100251/

Edit: no, you don't handle them
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
macf1an Wrote:I'm away from my xbmc and I can't check but do you support interactive images like this set:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/...er/100251/

Edit: no, you don't handle them

Yes, you are right - I don't handle them. I even don't know a proper way to handle that.
But, i'm proud that my new codebase is stable enough to not crash with this album *g*.

I believe this interactive album is an exception. If Atlantic decides to make more of them I will have another look.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
maybe just load them all and show them in consecutive order
This add-on is broken for me. Not sure if it's related, but I just updated XBMC from Eden beta 3 to RC2. Getting 'Error Script failed! : addon.py'

log:
http://pastebin.com/xB987L1q
digitalb0y Wrote:This add-on is broken for me. Not sure if it's related, but I just updated XBMC from Eden beta 3 to RC2. Getting 'Error Script failed! : addon.py'

log:

Please try (force-) updating the xbmc.org addon repository to get the newest version of the addon (3.0.2).
If this doesn't help please report back.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
digitalb0y Wrote:This add-on is broken for me. Not sure if it's related, but I just updated XBMC from Eden beta 3 to RC2. Getting 'Error Script failed! : addon.py'

log:

have you checked for a newer version in Add-ons? it shows just fine for me, maybe you disabled the "auto update" option and need to do it manually
Thanks for the responses. It seems to be working fine now. I didn't mention in my previous post that I'd already tried rolling back to whatever the 2.X previous version was (sorry I didn't make note), and that worked, and then when I upgraded to 3.0.2 again it was still broken. Then I tried it once more after another reboot and it was working fine again.

No idea what my issue was, but I've been tweaking a lot of stuff under under the hood lately, to try to get my Flirc to wake my box up from sleep, etc. so I'm sure I just goofed up a service that needed to be restarted or something.

Thanks again, and thanks for the beautiful add-on!
digitalb0y Wrote:It seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the report Smile

Feel free to reply again if you notice any new issue.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I noticed something cosmetic..if while browsing an album, you switch off the text, then exit to the main menu - the text is still off and can not be switched on because all keys do something else.
macf1an Wrote:I noticed something cosmetic..if while browsing an album, you switch off the text, then exit to the main menu - the text is still off and can not be switched on because all keys do something else.

Yes and no Smile

This takes only place with the ATV2 Remote. Because this remotes doesn't offer a (real) info key I could only offer you toggling (=enable or disable) the info overlays via your enter/select key while you are in photoset-level (and not albumset-level).

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I uploaded a new version (3.0.3) to the eden repo, for full changelog see first post.

In short:
SacBee and Time.com are working again Smile

My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2012-04-18, 15:46)sphere Wrote: I uploaded a new version (3.0.3) to the eden repo, for full changelog see first post.

In short:
SacBee and Time.com are working again Smile

Awesome, thanks! Smile
I just installed your plugin and it like it ... a lot !

One thing i noticed is that i can't play music and start a slideshow at the same time.
When i press play the slideshow starts and the music stops (pauses actually).

Any idea how to overcome this?

Imagine viewing those pictures with a chill house beat in the backgroud sitting comfortable in your couch with a cold drink on a hot summer evening
..... mmmmmm ..... that right there is relaxation
Hi,
(2012-06-19, 14:10)Fluxlicious Wrote: When i press play the slideshow starts and the music stops (pauses actually).
Thanks for your feedback!

You are right - never thought about this - maybe I should make the "start playlist"-key configurable.

I believe as temporary fix you could avoid the problem yourself:
- start playing music
- press play to pause the music
- start the big pictures
- press play to start slideshow and resume music at once

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Big Pictures3